Submitted by troy_theboy t3_119kh3y in newjersey

Since the bag ban my local ShopRite is no longer collecting and recycling plastic bags. Any recs on where to recycle my years worth of bags I have hoarded?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

foodguyDoodguy t1_j9msg04 wrote

They don’t get recycled. It’s a myth, like recycling in general, only way worse. Find someone with a cat that needs to clean out a litter box regularly. Give them to them and they will love you for it. https://ecologycenter.org/blog/trying-to-recycle-that-plastic-bag-the-odds-are-nine-to-one-its-not-happening/

coreylaheyjr t1_j9mv2go wrote

This!! I was just thinking how much I’d love to take those plastic bags off of their hands for that exact reason 🤣

ehm1217 t1_j9mrsc6 wrote

Target, Acme and Wegmans still have collection bins for them.

coreylaheyjr t1_j9mv64c wrote

Honestly, like others have said: give them to a cat owner, use them for your trash (maybe for smaller waste bins?), etc.

Ginger8682 t1_j9myutx wrote

I’m sure animal shelters will take them.

tonyblow2345 t1_j9n7w0c wrote

Post them for free locally. Someone will gladly take them off your hands. I use my hoard for my small trash cans.

newwriter365 t1_j9mn6id wrote

I’d be happy to take some of your bathroom garbage can liners. Unfortunately, I think you need to include them in your regular trash.

TodayTimeDeux t1_j9mzlll wrote

Kohls has bins near the pick up/returns section

herslave2 t1_j9nxunl wrote

What town are you in if your close I'll take them

lsp2005 t1_j9qxt17 wrote

I use mine as trash can liners. I still have a few left. What county are you in. I would gladly use them.

[deleted] t1_j9mo1ki wrote

[deleted]

Beans-and-frank t1_j9o0wsh wrote

Doesn't matter anyway as they don't actually recycle them. You raised a stink so they put an extra receptacle out but they're just dumping it into their trash dumpster.

mac_a_bee t1_j9ombx0 wrote

>they don't actually recycle them...they're just dumping it into their trash dumpster.

​https://apps.npr.org/plastics-recycling/