Submitted by heynancyboy t3_11n14sw in newjersey

hi. i'm 24. i've lived in south jersey my entire life. i was driving around today with my bf looking for something to do (it's my birthday and i didn't really have any ideas) and there is just nothing. only industry. multiple car lots, dollar generals, restaurants, mattress stores, gun stores. what do i even do? what is even here?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Sn_Orpheus t1_jbku4l2 wrote

Go on a hike in the beautiful pine barrens?

Edit to add. Happy Birthday!!πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

MamaPajamaMama t1_jbkw1oc wrote

Bowling? Shoot some pool? You've lived there your entire life and have no idea what to do?

heynancyboy OP t1_jblaslq wrote

i'm depressed, uninspired and stuck here, sorry

−1

thewetsockdevil t1_jbll3zb wrote

Off the top of my head: hiking, camping, fishing, arcades, aquariums, boardwalks in general, gambling (and sports betting), shopping, theater, movies, concerts, comedy shows, and scenic drives are all readily available, most on a daily basis, and many are free or very cheap.

mcgeggy t1_jbldrdj wrote

Do you like beer? There are plenty of craft breweries around South Jersey, it’s fun to stop in, try a flight (sample of 4 beers in four ounce glasses), hang out for a bit.

Master_of_Bates t1_jbl2lpd wrote

Some good old disc golf never hurt to try

thebongofamandabynes t1_jblaiqs wrote

NJ is a disc golf desert. Looking at CT, NY(s), MA, RI makes me sad. They've got some fucking dope ass courses up there. Closest course from me is like 40 minutes and I'm in NNJ.

Jimmytowne t1_jbln9p5 wrote

Restaurants are famous for birthdays. If neither you or your bf have any ideas to celebrate, try the movies or do whatever it is that you guys enjoy doing together

Happy Birthday!

JZstrng t1_jblxw0x wrote

Why not keep it simple?

Dinner and a movie?

Bowling and pizza?

Dinner in Philly?

Aquarium in Camden?

A hike?

Happy Birthday!

RebeccaLoneBrook29 t1_jbmzia6 wrote

It’s near NYC and Philly. Take an edible and take a tour of a city

denoxster t1_jbl8062 wrote

Drive to north Jersey and have a good Korean food.

−1