Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheRacoonist t1_ix0jmkn wrote

We've already discussed and agreed, 22 is the worst road

patchworkskye t1_ix0rohi wrote

came here to say this - 22 is the worst! I learned to drive near there and was so pissed that my driving instructor got me on to Rt 22 a way I didn’t recognize and I actually had to drive on it as a newbie driver!!

Chaiteoir t1_ix0weuy wrote

Not even the worst road between Route numbers 21 and 27!

The worst thing about 24 - and this is more infuriating than 98% of the things I ever saw on 22 - are drivers who intend to exit onto 287 northbound, but stay in the far left lane to beat the traffic on the exit ramp, cutting in just before the exit and blocking the left lane while they do so.

partspuke t1_ix1h3y3 wrote

<rant on> exit needs to be two lanes just like the ramp from SB 287 to 24 EB. I asked one of our elected representatives about this because of all the accidents and was told the state engineers didn’t think it is needed. Idiots. < rant off>

css555 t1_ix1lbx5 wrote

That cannot be the real reason. If there is enough volume to justify 2 lanes SB to EB, then obviously there is similar volume WB to NB. The real reason is probably that it would have been too costly to widen for that 2nd lane.

SadMasterpiece7019 t1_ix18sdh wrote

> The worst thing about 24

Welllll the ones who do it from the 1A exit lane are maybe worse. (I have a feeling we're both completely biased)

ShortMonth9031 t1_ix2ayex wrote

They have state troopers sitting at that 287 N/S junction occasionally during rush hour and they make those people go southbound. The true pros pass on the right in the whippany exit lane.

VividFossil t1_ix0joqc wrote

Y tho

I_Am_Skipples t1_ix197zp wrote

Hopelessly congested piece of shit road because the merges are fucking atrocious for no good reason

VividFossil t1_ix19g7i wrote

What part tho

I_Am_Skipples t1_ix1e7rn wrote

Western start of the road, entrances from 287 through the airport marsh, and the merge ONTO 287. Both backed up for miles at rush hour.

diaperedace t1_ix0q5wy wrote

22, followed by the Parkway, and 287.

GoldenAlexanders t1_ix11dr3 wrote

24 is bad, but 22 is still the absolute worst, all the way to the PA border.

Mr_Matt_K t1_ix139q8 wrote

The drivers may be idiots but it's mostly a freeway designed and built after the 1970s, the road itself is OK. 22 with its left in/left outs, that's straight out of the NJDOH of the 1930s and unfortunately isn't going away any time soon.

the_twistinside t1_ix0w872 wrote

Get stuck behind the accident northbound? Looked pretty bad. Large char mark in center lane.