Submitted by thebusiness7 t3_10md1ww in newjersey

Anyone know any cheap hacks for parking at EWR? Any spots to park further away and can take a train over or is that not usually a timely option? I’ve also noticed there’s a few discount parking options on the site Way, but some of the reviews say extra charges are tacked on. Is this true or usually only the case if you don’t have a typical 4 door sedan?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SK10504 t1_j62f03h wrote

you can purchase parking in advance online to save $. usually the economy lot is the best deal, but sometimes, parking deck is available at the same discounted price. the shuttle buses to the economy lot run pretty frequently.

depending on length of trip, car service might end up being cheaper than parking.

ansky201 t1_j63pbnw wrote

Yeah I would go with the economy lot on site. I don't really trust those off site parking companies, especially if you are going in or out late at night. It could be a long wait to get a shuttle.

css555 t1_j63elmy wrote

Delawanna station has free parking - but you need to transfer at Secaucus.

Gobbledegook12 t1_j62pw7b wrote

Groupon sometimes sells vouchers for off-site parking lots.

whodisacct t1_j64a020 wrote

The break even point for Uber vs parking keeps getting lower and lower. I think it’s at 3 days for me - three or more “parking days” and it’s cheaper to Uber.

I’ve used the parking spot lot a bunch of times. Definitely much cheaper but waiting for a shuttle is a pain. Also if it snows while you are away you’re digging out.

davybert t1_j66kkic wrote

A lot of the hotels around Newark offer parking and shuttle included. It’s in a safe lot and pretty decent prices. Used it a few times and felt confident

thebusiness7 OP t1_j66lwud wrote

I went with one that apparently uses the Motel 6 lot even though it’s called by a different name. Hopefully it’ll be fine

Dot-3777 t1_j678hrw wrote

I've used the Motel 6 parking numerous times, and will use it undoubtedly in the future. The customer service could be a hit or miss, but the parking has never been an issue. Book online for better rates.

thebusiness7 OP t1_j67r2de wrote

I booked the Park & Travel which uses the same Motel 6 lot. I can’t tell if that’s the same business as the Motel 6 or if it’s a different company just using the same lot since they’re listed separately on the Way parking app.

carne__asada t1_j65m55s wrote

If you want to go super cheap (and maybe risky), find a a nearby street that allows on street over night parking without a permit and take the bus in (or you could even walk from some parts). Newark and Elizabeth have street cleaning only once a week so you can get nearly a week of free parking. I think Roselle doesn't even have street cleaning.

thebusiness7 OP t1_j66m16p wrote

What’s the crime like for those neighborhoods though? I was looking it up in google maps street view and most of the cars look like pre-2005 models

v3ra1ynn t1_j68gj3v wrote

Here’s an actual hack - free motorcycle parking in P4

gordonv t1_j6kom0a wrote

In Elizabeth there is a merged Hotel, Long term Parking, Shuttle to EWR.

ABC Parking and Motel 6.

The Area is an industrial warehouse place that is ugly, but safe.