Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_jag41qn wrote

[deleted]

lolbuttlol t1_jaqm0wv wrote

It’s been an issue for years. My 2016 juke did it and the dealership wouldn’t reimburse me for the tow back to service center.

kstinfo t1_jafugb7 wrote

AMC Pacers did that. There was never a recall and they never told anyone it happened. It was an intermittent problem and it would restart right away without having to pull over and stop.

kalpol t1_jahjv5l wrote

A lot of cars from the 80s and 90s did it. The solder formulae used less lead after about the mid-80s, the solder joints would crack, and when the engine computers got old they would intermittently cause stalls. Or ignition switches get worn, that's been happening forever to all kinds of cars from all makes. Or any number of other reasons. I can count five or six off the top of my head that I've owned that had a random stalling on the highway problem when they were old. My old Jeep blew the muffler off once when it stalled and then dumped a bunch of gas into the exhaust - when it restarted there was an earth-shattering kaboom that exploded the muffler.

WirelessBCupSupport t1_jahmfg7 wrote

OMG..AMC Pacer. Fugliest car. I mean, I had teen friend that wanted one so bad, because she said, Its sounds like a cool car name. Then she got a Pontiac Starfire. It was a cool name. In yellow. She got pregnant right outta highschool. Then she looked like that Pacer.

kstinfo t1_jaiym4m wrote

I liked my Pacer but a friend said it looked like a Puerto Rican hearse.

TonyJZX t1_jafugi0 wrote

this only affects cars WITHOUT keyless start... so conventional audi style switchblade style keys

xxwarlorddarkdoomxx t1_jaivh5w wrote

Is the “Audi Switchblade Key” really so iconic the entire key style is named after it?

ZombieOfTheYear t1_jagczwm wrote

As long as the steering wheel doesn't fly off while you're driving.

Axolotis t1_jagmhmw wrote

Sounds like they are “highly fuel efficient” vehicles

[deleted] t1_jahhg1e wrote

[removed]

RVA_GitR t1_jahuaml wrote

Had an early 00’s Focus that would do it at highway speeds on occasion. It ended up being a known issue with the fuel pump and compression if I’m remembering correctly. Scared the hell out of me the first time because I lost power steering but thankfully it would start back up immediately.

tallsails t1_jaholt2 wrote

Trying to keep up with jeeps "low oil shut it all down on the highway" feature I see.

JCTrick t1_jahjco9 wrote

Not nearly as fun if it’s not Tesla recalling cars. 🫤

−3