Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

girlfreddyf t1_iuj8qvq wrote

Oh goody. Can't wait to hear what all the Conservatives in Cowtown have to say about this.

makes popcorn

RonnyRoofus t1_iujd2ls wrote

Just so all our American friends are in the know. Cowtown is a nickname for Calgary, Alberta. We have far right extremists just like in the USA, so this is no surprise. Alberta and Saskatchewan are the 2 farthest right provinces (states) in Canada. In fact we actually have Trump supporters in these provinces, what sense does that make?

nsci2ece t1_iuk1pan wrote

To make a Canadian Trump supporter's brain explode, ask them to explain why his presidency is a good thing for Canadians. And don't accept answers about why his presidency is good for Americans. Be very specific that they must explain why Trump's presence in the white house is beneficial in any way to Canadian people living in Canada.

The mental gymnastics are hilarious.

thecaits t1_iujvcim wrote

If they are like US Conservatives they will respond with "It's really the liberals/left-leaning people's fault", or "but the left does this too" with made-up or out of context examples. If neither of those work, then it has to be "fake news" or "well x deserved it anyway". Conservatives are past the point where admitting fault is an option.

girlfreddyf t1_iujyo0v wrote

All true. There's also a fair chance at least some of this sting was based on Nenshi being Muslim and Brown too. If he'd been "caught" it would've fed the racist beast that consumes Canadian conservatives rn.

I can't help but be proud of Nenshi and his moral code. Too bad every politician didn't look to him for inspiration.

olafthebent t1_iujaui3 wrote

"Sorry... we were caught"

girlfreddyf t1_iujdx3h wrote

I wish. Sadly my guess is it'll just be more of the "No comment" or "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" variety.

RnDanger t1_iujbcsl wrote

What makes conservatives so liberal with their ethics?

tom90640 t1_iujej58 wrote

A fanatic is only doing what God would do, if He just had all the facts.

Bleoox t1_iujiqjk wrote

If you believe in god, ethics are optional because you're already a good man.

amadeupidentity t1_iujhlcs wrote

they are the only moral and sensible ones therefore they can do any shady, dingbat thing they like

CT_Jester t1_iujh804 wrote

Conservatives are all the same, all over the world. They're f'n lunatics.

LemonFreshenedBorax- t1_iujndr2 wrote

>“He wouldn’t bite,” Wallace said. “Mayor Nenshi turned out not to want a dime.”

Mayor Nenshi seems like a solid guy. Has he considered entering national politics?

PastorBlinky t1_iujfs1u wrote

Thank goodness the conservatives plot was foiled, and we no-longer have to worry about them damaging this province. No if you'll excuse me, I'll just go see what our new Premier is up to... oh no... oh dear god NO!

cremaster_shake t1_iujeyqy wrote

People have gotta stop using commas if they don't know what they're for. At least there isn't one in the actual original headline, although there are far too many professionally produced headlines nowadays that do have a comma separating the subject from the verb.

Warg247 t1_iuk5fj7 wrote

Yeah, that's a weird comma, like, they had something there, but then, removed it,. ,, ,,,

Quasi16 t1_iuk8cww wrote

= Plot of the movie American Hustle. A couple con artists, acgovernment investigator trying to bribe-frame a politician, … Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner and a bombshell Jennifer Lawrence.