Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

t4ct1c4l_j0k3r t1_iuc5o65 wrote

Hmmm...Invalidating votes of a write in on an election ballot. I smell legal challenge.

RustyEnfield t1_iucaran wrote

He may have to be a resident of that town/city to be the mayor maybe? Or announce candidacy by a certain date?

t4ct1c4l_j0k3r t1_iuce7wd wrote

With all of the bullshit that went on last election I can only forsee it. I think a lawsuit would be a complete waste of time and resources and that if elected Allen would of course turn it down. But you and I both know how these political hacks operate.

bjlile99 t1_iucnv8i wrote

Depends on the laws there. Some areas don't allow write-ins unless the person filed accordingly.

seanular t1_iuc8lhb wrote

How Josh Allen accidentally became mayor

Cappylovesmittens t1_iucaycq wrote

Id guess because he’s not legally a resident of Buffalo, which means he’s not eligible even via write-in

BriRun1 t1_iucdz1u wrote

This is happening in Westbrook, Maine.

drillbit7 t1_iucf5os wrote

Thy article didn't explain why they are fans of Allen. Is he from nearby? Are they Bills fans? i figured that would be Patriots country.

BriRun1 t1_iucfek1 wrote

I believe Allen is from California. Bills fans are everywhere.

mountain_rivers34 t1_iud3l7q wrote

He went to the University of Wyoming and people in Northern Colorado/Wyoming love Josh Allen. A lot of us are still bitter the Broncos didn't take him when he asked to play for them. Stupid John Elway.

luchajefe t1_iudgn48 wrote

Oh, the facebook post is even better:

>Resident: FOR THE RECORD, THE MAJORITY OF THE CITY OF WESTBROOK EMPLOYEES SUPPORT THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
>
>City: Unfortunately for the majority of City of Westbrook employees, it's a Bills fan that runs the City's Facebook page.

MyWifeDontKnowItsMe t1_iuc9pn6 wrote

Why not? He doesn't need to take the job, if he's even eligible.

24-Hour-Hate t1_iudk9w5 wrote

Well, does he even live there? We just had local elections in Ontario and in my municipality, you must live or at least own land here or you're not eligible to be mayor or councilor (and I'd actually prefer it be limited to the first one...because being a rich asshole who just owns land and doesn't live here is going to involve very different and likely incompatible interests with most people).

leonardofind t1_iudx4f8 wrote

So they don’t have write-in vote?

Lovat69 t1_iudcoyk wrote

I mean if everyone writes it in...

By_De_River t1_iude9bh wrote

Can I vote for him to be mayor of New Orleans? Has to be better than ours even if he never comes here.

Mitthrawnuruo t1_iudtqzz wrote

No. We’re taking him for Pennsylvania Senator.

Our two choices are….awesomely bad.

luchajefe t1_iueenk6 wrote

*I* would be better than either PA candidate. Holy cow how are the parties so bad at this.

zippopopamus t1_iudi6oo wrote

Maybe the presidency is more in line with his talent

wrongwayup t1_iudnfvn wrote

Didn’t stop Boston trying to elect Big Papi…

Pktur3 t1_iudno03 wrote

Actually, yes you can.

kirkbot t1_iudv90p wrote

is that a challenge?