Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_iz0uq12 wrote

[deleted]

wagnus_ t1_iz4ypob wrote

Actually impressed a police chief is resigning and it's NOT over anyone being manslaughtered by the department's own.

Crooked_Cock t1_iz5d35y wrote

Manslaughtered implies the act of killing was unintentional

Most deaths caused by cops are definitely premeditated

CheeseNBacon2 t1_iz0qh7f wrote

Soon to be hired two towns over.

notmyfault t1_iz0th3x wrote

2 towns over? She didn't rape and murder someone. She'll only have to go one town over.

Tephain t1_iz15jne wrote

She's resigning before anyone finds OUT how many times she's ABUSED HER POSITION.

Fomentor t1_iz17at4 wrote

“In hindsight, I realize how my handling of this matter could be viewed as inappropriate, but that was certainly not my intent,” she said.

Yup, another disingenuous apology by someone who knows what she did was wrong. “Could be viewed as inappropriate “?!?!? Please explain how this could be viewed any other way. Being a cop should be the easiest job to lose. Any sign of integrity issues, dishonesty, or incompetence should result in immediate dismissal with no chance of being a cop ever again. I’d also like to see them have double jeopardy, so that they get twice the penalty as non-cops when they break the law.

johnmoney22 t1_iz1f3ue wrote

I didn’t know this was frowned upon all cops do this stuff every day… skip lines in Walmart,show their badge when speeding off duty and they always get let go i Thought that was a perk of the job😂😂 son get arrested make a phone call to the sheriff ohh no problem i will make this go away they do it for friends and family all the time🤷🏾‍♂️

eddiejugs t1_iz0ouwl wrote

Glad to see people deal with the consequences and recognize they were wrong.

Fomentor t1_iz17f5v wrote

You forgot the /s for sarcasm.

eddiejugs t1_iz19m8f wrote

I am not talking about the stupidity of her actions.

cozy_fyre t1_iz15eng wrote

I suspect driving an unregistered vehicle was not the violation she was looking to avoid.

Teremen t1_iz15ydn wrote

She should've taken the ticket and went to court. Then flash her badge at the judge.

Ban-Circumcision-Now t1_iz1fqa2 wrote

And if we were a just society the fine should double since they should most definitely have known they were in violation

timojenbin t1_iz3b7xj wrote

ITT people not talking about how this happened. I mean, cops been letting cops off for ever. I've had conversations with off duty cops about speeding in a private car in another STATE and getting off.
So I gotta ask: Who hated this woman, and what was the politics that got her booted?