You must log in or register to comment.

meauho t1_j5ajj4g wrote

The danger of stereotypes.

I'm sure that very few people look at her and think:

1. 63 years old,
  2. PhD in Chemical Engineering, &
  3. Executive VP of a multi-million dollar company

guynamedjames t1_j5ak7at wrote

Yes, but she's the VP of his company. I'd be curious if the relationship or title came first.

Boondala t1_j5ajvys wrote

To be fair, I wouldn’t think of those things if I saw you.

meauho t1_j5amqym wrote

That would be good because

1. I'm 20+ years younger than that
  2. I'm an Economist
  3. I'm a consultant

abstractraj t1_j5bq6x7 wrote

That’s some good plastic surgery. I’m 51 with good genes and my face is not quite that smooth. The lady, not Buzz. Also, I only have a Computer Science degree. Im clearly jealous hah!

Yotsubato t1_j5cpk5z wrote

Money and knowing how to keep healthy also go very far in maintaining youth.

weirdgroovynerd t1_j5atmx3 wrote

(93 ÷ 2) + 7 = 53.5 years.

Okay Buzz, you're good.

WebbityWebbs t1_j5avzmv wrote

I think that once your past 40, the whole age gap thing becomes a moot issue, if not outright reversed. If some one is 40 and marrying a 90 year old, it’s probably not the 40 year old who is in danger of being taken advantage of.

[deleted] t1_j5amdmy wrote

[deleted]

RIPGeech t1_j5b1y1n wrote

“Hello, is this Buzz Aldrin? Good. I figured if anyone knew where to get some Tang, it’d be you…SHUT UP!”

JBeezMer t1_j5f5ivk wrote

Hey, I mean, the man's looked the whole 🌎 world over at least once... You would figure he knew when he spotted a good one

scribblebear t1_j5ajgx7 wrote

Hopefully she has the right stuff.

jp_rockhound t1_j5bek7v wrote

At those ages they are both fully formed adults and can do what they want. I don’t see an issue here, hope they are happy with the time they have.

AlanShore60607 t1_j5ctui1 wrote

I asked one of my ladyfriends what age she thought the good Doctor is.

She said 70 with some good surgery and products.

and was surprised when I said only 63.

DuePomegranate t1_j5dz6at wrote

Are you sure your friend wasn't thinking that the question was how old Buzz Aldrin looks?

klasspirate t1_j5b966f wrote

We're going nowhere and you're invited

[deleted] t1_j5cipp2 wrote

[removed]

AutoModerator t1_j5cipt2 wrote

Sorry, but your account is too new to post. Your account needs to be either 2 weeks old or have at least 250 combined link and comment karma. Don't modmail us about this, just wait it out or get more karma.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

[deleted] t1_j5cm4q5 wrote

[removed]

AutoModerator t1_j5cm4sy wrote

Sorry, but your account is too new to post. Your account needs to be either 2 weeks old or have at least 250 combined link and comment karma. Don't modmail us about this, just wait it out or get more karma.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Mercury_Armadillo t1_j5j9bbg wrote

All I need to know is that my husband, a pilot and GIGANTICALLY HUGE (I’ve never seen anyone bigger) space nerd said “No, thank you” when I had the chance to get tickets to a meet and greet with Aldrin more than a decade ago. He did have Story Musgrave (who would recognize him on sight?) on one of his flights and he was over the moon. 😉 See what I did there?

jhudilluminati t1_j5bxmbu wrote

He was just on Grindr like 2 weeks ago but ok

Pure_Candidate_3831 t1_j5asexc wrote

Imagine the family they can start together now! and relationships she will have with his other grown children

−4

weirdgroovynerd t1_j5atw1v wrote

Do his other three wives know that he got married again?!!

I'm expecting this to become a new TV series, Buzz & Babes.

AzLibDem t1_j5b5g08 wrote

And once he's gone, we'll probably get Secrets of the Lunar Mansion

:/

ComradeMoneybags t1_j5cywm0 wrote

I mean, if she’s 63. If she can pump out kids still, that’s not odd, that’s a medical miracle.