Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

epolonsky t1_ixh6890 wrote

Why do half the posts on that sub seem to boil down to “NYC would be so much better if it didn’t have people in it”?

mostly_a_lurker_here t1_ixhtpmo wrote

Did you mean to write "cars" instead of "people"?

That subreddit is not as bad as /r/fuckcars though. There's a lot more constructive posts.

epolonsky t1_ixiyrpc wrote

No. I meant what I said (although of course o was being a bit hyperbolic for humor). There are plenty of cars in the linked video. What there aren’t are people. And then the comments talk about how nice it was to travel around during lockdown when there was no one around.

pat_at_exampledotcom t1_ixi25ig wrote

This makes no sense. Are you perhaps injecting your own preconceived notions into it? Point out one post from that sub that boils down to this. The sub is pro alternative forms of transport and generally opposed to car-oriented infrastructure

−5

Wonderful_Ad3017 t1_ixfqdg8 wrote

“Are you kidding? I am Queens Boulevard”

• Vincent Chase

apl_ee t1_ixhoq0f wrote

Looks almost infinitely better without all the cars

Grass8989 t1_ixfgjfx wrote

Riding the wrong way.

hdhdhdhdffff t1_ixhzr21 wrote

It’s closed down for the marathon, it’s basically a giant open streets until the wheelchairs start

AsaKurai t1_ixfizot wrote

Yeah the streets near me are noticeably empty, people cleared out pretty quickly for the holiday

aviciiavbdeadpunk t1_ixh8wy2 wrote

if you are on a bike please follow the roads as intended

gaggin4u t1_ixhbu21 wrote

Don’t people one they are part of the traffic they hate?

randynyc t1_ixffwko wrote

What beauty 😍

johncester t1_ixgpkin wrote

That’s the birth place of QB in LIC…true PANDEMONIUM any other time 😂

And it used to be WAY worse …yellow cabs are almost non existent now…

Use-Quirky t1_ixhz7pa wrote

There’s a bike path just to the left. So that’s nice too

TeamMisha t1_ixj2iyt wrote

This whole area is unfortunate. When there was a second elevated subway line adjacent to the current one perhaps the sheer width of this abomination of a roadway made sense but not so anymore. I'm hoping the renovation of QB station will make it a bit more pleasant. It's a pain to cross right now and often feels unsafe with cars ignoring red lights, blocking crosswalks, and coming in hot off the bridge at 50 mph. Also it's shitty to cross by bike, there are no actual lanes going across so you have to use the crosswalks basically.