Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gooftrupe t1_ixcvm9r wrote

I always appreciate when you post. Itโ€™s a really nice break from the political discourse on a lot of posts. You work shows a perspective of the city that feels familiar to those living here but still has a bit of a romance to it. Thank you.

onewordpoet OP t1_ixcxs66 wrote

Aw, thanks. I personally like seeing a variety of stuff including other peoples work. Not a lot of other city subreddits has that. Glad ya like the work!

gooftrupe t1_ixcywzd wrote

I think the discourse shows we all care quite a bit about what happens here and is necessary, but your work is always a nice change of pace

onewordpoet OP t1_ixd952m wrote

It all goes into a rich tapestry of a subreddit

grambell789 t1_ixcqtth wrote

very nice. but needs a truck there double parked unloading stuff.

onewordpoet OP t1_ixcr90s wrote

There's a van lol does that count? I agree a truck would be the thing

__username_________ t1_ixd9svh wrote

This may be my favorite of the paintings you've posted. Love it, keep up the great work!

onewordpoet OP t1_ixd9whd wrote

Means a lot! It's a really long painting. 16x30. Unusual framing but I liked working on it.

pandaclawz t1_ixcmd00 wrote

Corner of Grand and Chrystie, nice! It's lovely to see my old neighborhood in art form :D

onewordpoet OP t1_ixcpaei wrote

That's the spot! I liked the blue tarps and stuff. May have fudged the light a bit

pandaclawz t1_ixd15mf wrote

There used to be all these comic book stands, including one on that very corner that don't exist any more. I really miss them.

Here's a pic of the one that used to be on the corner: http://www.nychinatown.org/directory/images/news_newsstand_med.jpg

onewordpoet OP t1_ixd59au wrote

That's cool. Reminds me that I want to do some paper stands paintings. Love the vibes of those places

GravitationalConstnt t1_ixd7dy9 wrote

Yup, I used to live at 111 Chrystie! And apparently someone got murdered there this year.

onewordpoet OP t1_ixd97iu wrote

You got a story?

cyrshcky t1_ixd9l8s wrote

I can never tell whatโ€™s legit and whatโ€™s ai now but this looks sick

Harbinger311 t1_ixd1jt7 wrote

Utterly amazing! Looks fantastic! Unfortunately, it's nothing like it was a 10-15 years ago (bustling, jammed with humanity/carts/trash). I remember when they'd stack the empty wood slat chicken wire crates right on the sidewalk/street after they had unpacked their vegetable wares. Made navigating that corner fun.

onewordpoet OP t1_ixd4f16 wrote

There was certainly some of that going on but probably not to the extent to which you're saying. I really like the mess of it all

mikere t1_ixdg1t7 wrote

that seafood market is the shit. great prices, huge variety, and super fresh

onewordpoet OP t1_ixdxp0t wrote

I've gotten some stuff there. Super fresh indeed

tang4685 t1_ixde62j wrote

Nostalgic style, always evoke memories.

Doggo_Is_Life_ t1_ixdeu1b wrote

Love seeing your paintings. Beautiful piece!

Spiritual-Hospital21 t1_ixdfx3f wrote

Beautiful! Please keep them coming! Your art brightens my days! ๐Ÿ˜Š

cosmorocker13 t1_ixez6jc wrote

I know that corner well. I love the painting.

killstimehere t1_ixfbel5 wrote

How long does this one frame take you?

onewordpoet OP t1_ixfdsqw wrote

Took a while. Over the course of a week I'd say.

killstimehere t1_iximl2y wrote

Since you've done it once, does it make it faster to replicate the second time? If you were to do a 'lite' version of this frame (or any frame) with lesser detail, would it facilitate progress. I ask because I'm trying to illustrate a few books and water color art in a childrens book is something I'd like to try to develop and publish to amazon KDP quickly as a collab with an artist. Children's books are a bit higher pace. I might be writing em faster than one can illustrate, bur getting one out there first is a great test

Any-Flamingo-8233 t1_ixfycq9 wrote

I showed this to a friend of mine who used to live down the street from there. He now has it on his wall ๐Ÿ™‚

onewordpoet OP t1_ixfzxfr wrote

Hah, incredible. I love hearing stuff like that!

k112l t1_ixfztz3 wrote

Superb capturing the light and the slow precision fading of the awning characters.

onewordpoet OP t1_ixg0010 wrote

Thanks for noticing. I took a few liberties with the awning especially with the speckled light on the red awning!

Jaja89 t1_ixoniyi wrote

This may be your best one yet

Teller8 t1_ixtur9c wrote

I feel like I saw similar art over on /r/Boston is that also you?

bzr t1_ixckjg6 wrote

Incredible

Pkytails t1_ixcuone wrote

This is an incredible painting.. I can almost hear that old lady yelling trying to sell her stuffโ€ฆ

antcandescant t1_ixd779r wrote

do you have a website where available works are listed?

Corporation_tshirt t1_ixdocpg wrote

This painting really brings me back. I went Pace University and I would take a walk over to Chinatown during breaks. I love that area. Wo Hop in particular was tailor made for a broke college student.

jtms1200 t1_ixds1tr wrote

The sad part is that my first instinct is that this is AI generated

onewordpoet OP t1_ixdxt9f wrote

I know lol people have been saying that lately about my art. Nor sure how to feel

rqny t1_ixf1ms1 wrote

I walked past here often, and if you hadnโ€™t posted where it was, I would still know. beautifully done.

BLUEBELLYNYC t1_ixf4tvc wrote

Must be nice to have a talent.

Vismal1 t1_ixf8hpa wrote

This is really great! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Makeyoownmoney t1_ixfiavs wrote

The shadow, shape, and detail of the hanging horizontal sign is freaking me out! I feel like it will start swaying. Shadow and light details are outstanding. (I don't paint nor draw, but even a dumbass like me can see how cool this watercolor turned out)

HibiscusSabdariffa33 t1_ixggpbx wrote

Youโ€™re the first user I have now ever followed on here thanks to your beautiful art. I look forward to scrolling through more of your page and eventually liking more of your paintings because theyโ€™re amazing.

powerpoint_PPT t1_ixgkuck wrote

Love these NYC watercolors. Mind if I set as my computer background?

Proic13 t1_ixchmae wrote

Beautiful, simply beautiful!

sciandg01 t1_ixcsgea wrote

Great painting! I can almost smell the fish market through the screen

anon22334 t1_ixcyeho wrote

This is so beautiful

TwoCats_OneMan t1_ixfgqh7 wrote

I don't like it and think it should go to /r/nycpics.

−1