Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

vedjourian t1_jedg2sv wrote

I just did this recently. I already had a couple accounts with PNC and saw that they offered 4% so I added it to my portfolio and moved funds into it.

Key_Editor1985 OP t1_jedghsr wrote

What is PNC?

−2

vedjourian t1_jedgn0y wrote

PNC.com. It’s a bank. Not sure if they’re just in So Cal or if they’re national. I have used them for HELOC’s and other type accounts so I was comfortable with them for my HYSA.

alwaysbooyahback t1_jedl6j1 wrote

CFG keeps up with rates based on Doctor of Credit.

With $1k, you don’t need to rate chase or anything. Just find somewhere to settle in as you work on saving.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/whats-the-best-high-yield-savings-account/

They also happen to be top of the pack as of this writing.

Smurfiette t1_jee7gmn wrote

When they increase rates, do they automatically increase rates or would you have to contact them to apply the new rate?

alwaysbooyahback t1_jefmn2c wrote

I’m pretty sure they just automatically increase them? I’m still getting an account there.

TwstdSista t1_jedygb5 wrote

I've had good success with Ally, LendingClub and Citizens Access. Avoid Citibank - they tend to freeze accounts and then refuse to return your money. I've seen a few nightmare posts about Marcus lately, so they aren't high on my list either.

andeezz t1_jeeeu3m wrote

Personally I'm a fan of the discover HYYSA but that's because I also hold a credit card with them so it isn't really wasn't a big deal to open up one for me. The rate isn't the best on the market right now but it's not horrible. Just kind of depends what else you use the account for or if you want to be able to drive to a physical location and take money out

poodog13 t1_jeea2ah wrote

Honestly, I don’t know that I’d bother with a HYSA for such a low amount. 4.00% on $1000 is $40 per year. I don’t think that’s worth the hassle of having to potentially transfer funds back and forth between institutions.

−1