Submitted by barchueetadonai t3_yhrfse in philadelphia

I was looking to vote for Josh Shapiro for governor since it's of course a crucial race, but then a vote for Nicole Shultz of the Keystone Party in order to show that it's important to switch to a ranked-choice voting system without ruining the current election. I had thought that the elections for governor and lieutenant governor were separate, but it looks like that might only be for the primary. Does anyone know if there's a way to write in separate people and if that will get counted properly?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Brraaap t1_iufco44 wrote

They're combined for the general election

barchueetadonai OP t1_iufdo7i wrote

So is there no way to write people in separately? I'm afraid of writing two people in the box when it clearly was poorly designed for that.

−7

Soft-Tangelo-6884 t1_iuffqdy wrote

It’s together. You’re also better off voting for the best person and then lobbying your state senators and representatives about ranked choice voting.

barchueetadonai OP t1_iufgvuc wrote

The loudest voice is in money, which I can’t overpower anyone with. The second loudest voice is with voting. Incumbent state senators and representatives have the opposite incentive from pushing for ranked-choice voting.

−15

oliver_babish t1_iuggo31 wrote

no one's going to notice your write-in vote for (not-Gritty).

You have to decide between defeating Doug Mastriano and Believing You're Making A "Point".

barchueetadonai OP t1_iughs8c wrote

Well then, I’ll ultimately go with the priority of defeating Mastriano because I’m not the fuckhead you’re trying to make me out to be

Radiant-bandicoot t1_iufpj1u wrote

You can't split this vote in the general election. if you vote Shapiro and then also a write in, your vote will be rejected.

Haruomi_Sportsman t1_iuj1wgt wrote

Even if this was allowed, nobody would ever know why you voted that way

PhillyPanda t1_iugiwpn wrote

Those two are combined but you can split parties on Governor and Senate

−1

barchueetadonai OP t1_iugn19w wrote

Yeah, but that’s not really doable for this race since they’re both very important and close

−1