Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

totallyrad16 t1_ix01bvd wrote

Before anyone asks, It was heading to Villanova University for the football game.

Asleep-Arm5840 t1_ix01zax wrote

Source?

totallyrad16 t1_ix0312h wrote

I’m at the game and just saw it fly over the stadium while they announced its arrival.

Sreyes150 t1_ix0nf1l wrote

🤣 legit source imo lol

Asleep-Arm5840 t1_ix15lci wrote

Me getting downvoted asking for a source that ended up being "I seent it" is the most philly thing ever

Asleep-Arm5840 t1_ix01x2o wrote

The other day everyone made it seem like an AC-130 passed low over clouds in south philly. I wonder if it was just this.

baldude69 OP t1_ix02476 wrote

Yep same plane. It was landing in PHL to sleep over before the flyover

zwirjosemito t1_ix02ent wrote

Not saying I know what it is, but that timeline makes no sense. It wouldn’t be somewhere 3 full days before the event, especially not a Villanova game. And if it did, it would be at the fully stocked, very large US Air Force Base 45 minutes (90 second flight) north of PHL.

baldude69 OP t1_ix04166 wrote

Just going off a couple comment chain on a few different threads on Thursday.

here’s one

zwirjosemito t1_ix0d3ml wrote

That’s fair, I was def not trying to be like “Not true!”, just more that of all the theories I’ve seen, this one seems the most suspect in light of the proximity of the air base. The one I’ve seen that sort of makes sense (though still has a bunch of holes) is that it was a military plane, but there was some sort of emergency and it made a beeline for PHL, hence the extremely loud engine noise.

−2

baldude69 OP t1_ix0eru5 wrote

That could be possible, too. Fighter jets are crazy loud and moving slow at low agl it’s gonna make a ton of noise regardless. If it was in fact and EA-18 an not an FA -18 then it’s a Navy plane, so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows

totallyrad16 t1_ix0k67t wrote

It was a Navy plane. The ROTC at Villanova University asked for a fly over before the game at 1pm today.

J3PO t1_ix0ag7w wrote

someone in philly must've just got a killstreak THANKS KRASNER

zwirjosemito t1_ix0jb22 wrote

Now again, but this time while Bryan Cutler drinks a glass of water.

CerealJello t1_ix0pjwr wrote

It looked like an F-18 going over on Thursday, so it was likely the same plane.

Alternative_Rough_14 t1_ix1axol wrote

i wish my mom let me bring a fighter jet to all the sleepovers i went to as a kid. she would've benefited too–i don't know how many cool mom points a mom should get for getting their kid a sleepover fighter jet, but it's got to be a lot.

HerrDoktorLaser t1_ix12q2z wrote

OK, but wtf is an EA-18 for those of us who didn't see whatever the heck just flew over Kensington and Port Richmond?

ResidentComplaint19 t1_ix0sr3y wrote

Me and the wife were in Allegheny coming up on frankford a few hours ago, and we heard it. First time I’ve been in that part of the city in a while. We didn’t even see anything and just shrugged it off like it’s just a normal everyday north philly noise.

Sarahded_Edge t1_ix17gz1 wrote

It flew over where I live in Wayne and It shook the whole damn house. We’re perplexed. What time did It fly over Kensington?? For us It was approx. 1:30pm I believe.

baldude69 OP t1_ix1c6dn wrote

Yep that was it, heard it and looked out the windows, was flying appx SSE and decently fast

lilpufferfish t1_ix3j6pp wrote

Thank you. I'm very ascared of fast moving airplanes. I thought it was on with the Japanese again being that we are so close to the anniversary of when they attacked the world trade centers.

−2

lonetravellr t1_ix0jl82 wrote

Nobody asked

−30

baldude69 OP t1_ix0kbb4 wrote

Thursday night there were dozens of people asking about the noise from this same plane landing

moosigny t1_ix0kgc6 wrote

“Before”

Hasn’t happened yet. Might not. But also hasn’t happened yet. OP is a wizard.