Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ktElwood t1_jeg43mm wrote

Sometimes I wonder how much of economy is just this.

Money is spent on gas and cars, moving workers to offices. To power the PCs, to light the room.

Money is spent on lunches at restaurants.

Money is spent of office supplies to be played with.

And to the outside world, your whole workday looks as productive as any other, because services could be provided to you.

ArkadiusMaximus t1_jeg77h0 wrote

Same. I’ve worked probably two hours of my eight hour work day, just because I need to be here.

Fredrickstein t1_jeg9r88 wrote

This is why the 4 day work week supposedly increases productivity overall. This is all that happens on Fridays.

smoothrocker1122 t1_jeflod1 wrote

Cool Barbie end table. Good work today, you deserve a break.

viss3_ t1_jefzzi7 wrote

I understood that reference

TheDumbEnd t1_jefmg9o wrote

I have been dying to build this since I saw the how to a couple weeks ago.

uphill-bothways t1_jefk4g8 wrote

How many staples per bar?

boogermike t1_jeg0tb3 wrote

Doesn't matter how many staples when they are company staples my dude.

uphill-bothways t1_jeg12uw wrote

Still gotta make 18 bars equal. 3 per side. And they have to nest just right to create tension and hold it together. So exact spans are important. But maybe could've winged it.

boogermike t1_jeg4ofd wrote

Sorry it does matter. You're right. I'm an engineer. I mean you just need the same size universally. It's going to take quite a bit of staples.

I was just making a joke about using company resources.

uphill-bothways t1_jeg5ckv wrote

The length has to be 2 and like 21/23rds the width of a single staple or something similar. I think. (A staple or two short of 3 widths for overlap and tension)

Thanks for the info about the bars inside. I didn't watch the whole gif and was thinking about it while driving. Trying to figure out if interior support could be avoided.

uphill-bothways t1_jeg0eep wrote

I feel like OP would've known this immediately if he made this. It's been an hour.... I quickly counted 68 in the photo, didn't reconfirm, but I'm guessing it's actually closer to 70-72. Probably 70...

Squildo t1_jeg1cyq wrote

Did you cut your fingers a little? Be honest

DS4KC t1_jefsq7f wrote

Well that didn't take long

boogermike t1_jeg0wt4 wrote

Start selling those on Etsy, and you have yourself a nice little side business

Jim3001 t1_jegdzz9 wrote

Worthy of praise!

fightingwounded t1_jegj41y wrote

I see your return to office has been productive. It's a good thing you're physically present on location today, heaven forbid you do anything productive with your time besides follow silly rules.

dontbelikeyou t1_jegm0of wrote

Nice work. You should take Monday off to celebrate the achievement and recover.

gnosis2737 t1_jegvl3w wrote

The Cenobite version of Lundberg is coming to drag you into a dimension where you have to work every single weekend and also stay late on Fridays.

PM_WORST_FART_STORY t1_jeh0k36 wrote

That design would make for some awesome brutalist architecture.