Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

garbaggge t1_j1wj1cf wrote

Is this supposed to be a surprise? Two giant packs of chicken. Some overpriced fruit juice. Ice cream not bought bogo. Also expensive honey crisps

danknessoverlord OP t1_j1wjds3 wrote

This post is mainly to poke fun at the other post that spent $99 on overpriced deli meats and prepackaged fruit. Also, those are cosmic crisps, way better than honey crisps. $1.69/lb isn't expensive.

garbaggge t1_j1wv813 wrote

Cosmic crisps legit. I find the ones with the most β€œstars” the best

Raerae1360 t1_j1wj2be wrote

This is why Walmart and Costco are thriving. The average Californian can't do their weekly shopping at Vons or Safeway anymore.

InHarmsWay t1_j1x0u6w wrote

You gotta buy in bulk. Being able to get 8kg of spaghetti for 10 bucks is a life saver.

Dawildpep t1_j1x429x wrote

So I moved to California about 5 years ago from central Missouri.. the prices of food out here are nuts, but what blows my mind is the price of liquor is way cheaper, weird right?! Why is that? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Raerae1360 t1_j220swy wrote

If we are drunk enough the gas and beef prices won't suck as much!πŸ˜„

samkpo t1_j1wiiat wrote

May I ask, how much do you need on a monthly basis for groceries?

danknessoverlord OP t1_j1wjpdy wrote

Around $250 depending on how much junk food I buy that month. My diet is fairly boring. I eat the same thing for lunch M-F.

STLPhil t1_j1whk87 wrote

That sounds about right. About the same out here in Missouri. That's Walmart for you though. I'm pretty sure prices are universal for them, doesn't matter what state you are in.

Also, watcha making? Lol πŸ˜†