Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Available_Pack2300 t1_j8bhyah wrote

This is my local eatnpark. Just came to comment, the salad bar is never open when we go! My eldest daughter loves the salad bar. We recently stopped after her hockey game. She was so excited when the waitress said the salad bar as an option since that's what she always wants but is never able to get and decided on the spot that is what she'd get, and when the waitress came back to take everyone else's order, she also announced that they would be closing the salad bar early!!! My daughter was so sad but pulled thru 😜. Also, whenever we go, there is never a line, but always a wait to be seated. The restaurant is steady to empty, with tables that need to be cleared. Seems seasoned staff doesn't want to take a table to extend their shift, so wait until newer fresher faces are caught up and seat us. Husband is not a fan of any eatnpark, so finds the waiting to be an added unpleasant feature, so we don't go as often as we should to support a favorite business.. We usually see the same seasoned waitstaff and a few young new faces. The seasoned ones are always working hard, but never go above and beyond to seat, often stopping to close out someone's tab, or help close the salad bar, or even mop by that food counter area with the stools. The young ones are always full of energy and great and go above and beyone and husband usually overtips them since we both are former waitstaff and appreciate the effort. It is disappointing since, as a South hills girl, eatnpark was always a part of social events or a place to meet up, and I dont think my kids will get those same great experiences. The food overall is consistent, so no complaints there. Really, it's the waiting to be seated every single time and for what appears to be the same reason. But never having the salad bar is a drag, too. Did tell my girl I'd take her to the McKnight location just so she can do the salad bar, but honestly, we aren't down that way often so it hasn't happened yet.

Edit for typos

−7

driving_85 t1_j8bik7b wrote

When you are down there, I recommend the northbound McKnight EnP. Its salad bar is superior.

Available_Pack2300 t1_j8bj0m1 wrote

Yes, that is the one I'd go to. I think i heard the southbound one closed? Not sure tho. Onlyn14 minutes away, but where we are in wexford, usually go north to ceanberry for anything, or into the south hills from the highway.