Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PoorGuyCrypto t1_jckft9q wrote

I've never gone to this one in particular... but I did a course with a guy in Ambridge who owns a "survival" shop.

The "class" was mostly a waste. He did everything himself - not explaining steps. He did use his platform for a bunch of rants about WHY we'll be needing these skills in the near future (spoiler: it was liberals).

If this is more strictly, "here's how to light a fire, find shelter, etc." I'd probably go.

Tiny-Cheesecake t1_jckvs9k wrote

I signed up for one of the survival courses last year, but it was canceled due to lack of enrollment so I didn't get to go. (Or rather, everyone who signed up cancelled at the last minute--courses regularly sell out.) The guy who runs it was very prompt in answering my questions before signing up, and the info packets and waivers he sent were comprehensive. I'll definitely try to attend again the next time I have a chance. I realize this isn't especially helpful, but hey, hopefully it'll help if no one who's actually completed a course responds.

Post_Efficient t1_jcp3a2f wrote

My husband and I did an orienteering course with True North and it was AWESOME. On top of being super informative and well-designed, it was a blast. We learned about maps and navigation techniques, then actually used them in different ways. I highly recommend True North!

boner_shadow t1_jcl9jfx wrote

My sister has taken one of his classes and loved it. She said he was the real deal.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions on it though