Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RedModsSuck t1_jdo7z0g wrote

Kennywood isn't some dive bar in Braddock. It is considered one of the best classic parks in the world. They're not going away that easy.

Did something change in the last decade or so. Last time I was in that park was around 2007, and the security was probably more aggressive than the TSA. What does the DA want? Cavity searches? The big problem is park has a huge parameter that is hard to guard. If someone wanted to get a weapon in, they can do so without much effort.

HomicidalHushPuppy t1_jdo0i82 wrote

By "they" saying screw it and shutting down, do you mean the DA or KW? Could be interpreted either way

I don't see KW doing it, because it's their 125th season, they're building a new ride, and just spent a ton of money to repaint a lot of attractions. Why would you just give up when there's money to be made?

I don't see the DA doing anything more stupid than he's already done during an election cycle.

thebloodofthematador t1_jdo5bqr wrote

No way. Kennywood is too much of an institution to throw in the towel over some political point-scoring.

Aggravating_Foot_528 t1_jdo6gr7 wrote

I'm also not sure an Allegheny county judge would have much love for the DA if he filed a suit to close KW...

Aggravating_Foot_528 t1_jdo0skn wrote

No way. This is just posturing on the DA's part for votes.

They'll back channel communicate and come to a deal and Voldemort will proclaim success all because of him.

SmellView42069 t1_jdofrh6 wrote

I feel like this is something easy they can go after to make themselves sound tough. How about the DA cleans up the area around Kennywood to help make it safer.

feed_the_bumble t1_jdopqvs wrote

It's an election year and so Zap is thumping his chest again. He's good at running his mouth

durdenfc77 t1_jdoirz2 wrote

In no way should they bow to that grandstanding clown.