Submitted by williestargell1972 t3_yieaee in pittsburgh

Anyone else having issues with USPS (and now FedEx too) either straight up losing mail or showing it’s been in transit for weeks and/or stuck at a facility with no explanation? Doesn’t matter if it’s to or from Pittsburgh the last 5 things I have mailed or been mailed are lost forever.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

djn24 t1_iui6eke wrote

USPS lost the title to my car earlier this year. I kept getting daily emails from USPS showing that it was going to arrive in the mail that day. Eventually a manager at my post office admitted that they have no way to figure out where that one, very important piece of mail was.

Boring-Rhubarb t1_iuiaslw wrote

FedEx is consistently poor for me, they frequently leave packages that don’t belong to me on my porch or deliver my package to someone else’s porch. Anytime I see a fedex tracking number, I expect delivery issues.

westinghousesghost t1_iui8evo wrote

I've missed several important pieces of mail because of USPS delays, damage, or loss.

[deleted] t1_iui6akk wrote

If it's both USPS and FedEx then it sounds like the problem is on your end

Maybe porch pirates?

williestargell1972 OP t1_iuij9ov wrote

No, the tracking numbers all show letters are at a USPS facility and have not been out for delivery yet. All sent priority or fedex overnight

TangyWonderBread t1_iuins1d wrote

We have an issue with both Amazon and USPS (not sure if the delivery driver is the same or separate) where the driver will sometimes leave half the mail/packages for the block in our apartment's mail room. My theory is we must be at the end of a route and laziness kicks in or something. It's pretty frequent, and the mail is usually for addresses on our block that are nearby, or the address one block over that has the same building number. I try to redeliver them when I see it, and I have complained before (which helped for a time, but I never really nailed down which delivery service was the culprit). There didn't seem to be much interest from the customer services in solving the problem.

Long story short, check your neighbors porches (as well as you can without being creepy) and see if it's been misdelivered or dumped at another part of the route. If you live near Walnut in Shadyside, PM me because we might get your mail lmao

williestargell1972 OP t1_iujjul4 wrote

It would be great if they were delivered but they’re all “in transit” at unnamed sorting facilities

hankinator t1_iuijeba wrote

I had issues with a PO box that I have that the mail just wasn't delivered.

1gEmm4u2ohN t1_iuiogcv wrote

I’ve been waiting two weeks for a package mailed using USPS from Pittsburgh.

InevitablePersimmon6 t1_iujixbw wrote

September and October our BarkBox orders got “lost”. The September box showed up twice because they sent a replacement and then the original came after. This month our replacement also is “lost”.

SlopKat t1_iuj3gvg wrote

We’ve had a different usps mail carrier for a few months now in observatory hill . The recent one can’t get mail straight every night We are running mail to a neighbors house or someone is dropping by with ours .

Kay_pgh t1_iuj73vz wrote

I sent out something via usps with a 6-10 day delivery. 10 days in, it looks like it's touring the country.

weedhuffer t1_iujpwei wrote

FedEx for sure, but USPS has always been good to me.