Submitted by hrspp t3_yba0k6 in pittsburgh

I have a job offer I'm interested in in Lawrenceville, but I live in Homestead. Carless for now, I take the 61C to my current job and it's...fine. Had it no show on me once or twice but it's on a more regular interval than the 64. Commute length aside (annoying but not a total dealbreaker), would I be able to take it to work without having to worry about being ghosted frequently? Would I reliably be able to get home after midnight?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SpecialKayla t1_itffpf6 wrote

You won't reliably be able to get home after midnight. Source: took this bus.

WillOfTheDeep t1_itgx37j wrote

Port Authority is an absolute joke. You can't even rely on the Twitter feed to tell you your bus is out of service. After 5+ years of dealing with their nonsense, I'm getting a bike.

Eubadom t1_ithvafz wrote

I feel like I'm using a different transit service than everyone else, because I love Port Authority. Now that every bus is tracked I've never had one not show up that was scheduled to come on the app. Guess I just have amazing luck. Getting a bike is definitely the move though.

username-1787 t1_iti80rh wrote

The further from downtown you go the worse service is (which makes sense I suppose). If you're in a close in neighborhood going to another close in neighborhood port authority is fantastic... if you're not (like homestead for instance) it's somewhere on the spectrum between just ok and kinda bad

mattb2014 t1_itnh7hb wrote

>Getting a bike is definitely the move though.

Yeah nothing like riding your bike into town from the south hills through the liberty tubes. 🙄

Eubadom t1_itnhsv6 wrote

I'd suggest taking Warrington or throwing your bike on the T. It's not really safe to ride through the tunnel.

PineappleBetter8444 t1_ithicq1 wrote

Just catch the 91 back from Lawrenceville then the 61C back to Homestead. As others said, the 64 is somewhat unreliable

IClight69 t1_ithntqi wrote

91 can be a ghost sometimes too.