Submitted by Neeee-nerrrr t3_z5wjn5 in pittsburgh

Last night we had our 2nd (attempted), hit and run on on our property. 1st accident (last weekend )was on an obviously icy day. 2nd person (yesterday) on a nice clear day… WTF.

Our neighbor consensus is that the accident last are from newly paved road’s oils or ice. Anyone have similar issues with newly laid asphalt? Any suggestion if we contact/ complain with Allegheny County (in charge of the roadway)? Thanks !

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jetsetninjacat t1_ixyyueg wrote

Carnahan is a super twisty road in spots. Even going the speed limit could cause a wreck on it.it could be bad tires, cold tires, asphalt, oils, a dip, a turn.... just to many factors.

Are you talking further up by the new builds by gt road? Or are you talking down by the school on the suicide bend?

Neeee-nerrrr OP t1_iy2h0q9 wrote

Greentree intersection. It’s amazing hearing people loose their sh*t and road rage there on a regular basis. Know I understand the constant happy/ inspirational signs posted up at the house on Potomac and Greentree… people need to chill!

BardownskiSnipes t1_ixz96ee wrote

Always had issues on carnahan my girlfriend got hit pretty bad by the intersection near green tree like 2 years ago and she just started using it again and it almost happened to us again because of speed and no patience.

Argercy t1_ixz5yuh wrote

People are still easing into cold weather, I live on a road with a tight turn right before my house and this time of year I have at least five cars wipe out and spin into my yard. Then it stops and everyone drives careful again til it gets warm lol.

Maybe call the city and ask for temporary speed bumps to be installed? I live in a rural area now and there's nothing I can really do about it but I imagine in the city you could ask for speed bumps.

Neeee-nerrrr OP t1_iy2h5is wrote

Good idea. My friend is also giving us cameras to put out. Maybe it can alleviate some headaches.

o_c_d t1_iy0o0j5 wrote

Buy a couple bags of sand.

chuckie512 t1_ixz9gla wrote

>hit and run

>accident

Hit and runs aren't accidents.

−10