Submitted by drmellowship t3_10orjjq in pittsburgh

Man, those were good times. Topo Chico was the one that finally sold me on the idea of seltzer, and nothing's ever come close. Nowadays, I find myself hopelessly perusing the cold drinks section at any gas station I come to, on the off chance they might have it.

I remember a few years back, Sheetz had some meal deal where you could get a Coke product for a discount with your food. Knowing that Topo Chico is owned by Coke (even though the label is very discreet about it), I haggled with the cashier a couple times to try and get my discount. I was only successful once.

Anybody know why they stopped carrying it? The best I can do nowadays is my local rite aid out here in Blair County (I moved away last year) but they only carry the plain one. Twist of Lime has got to be my favorite soft drink of all time.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

B0bb3r7 t1_j6gv8u4 wrote

I never had Topo Chico but you made me recall that they also carried Bawls. Sad day when they got rid of that.

Speaking of Blair County, Ritchey's dairy is the best and I miss it dearly.

drmellowship OP t1_j6gw1o9 wrote

Ritchey's is pretty great. I never used to keep ice cream in my freezer until I tried theirs.

B0bb3r7 t1_j6gymhs wrote

I take a cooler anytime I plan on being in the area and stock up.

grrltype t1_j6kfln5 wrote

Costco (waterfront) recently got Topo Chico! Greatest day of my life

i_NaTaN t1_j6i726t wrote

Sheetz used to be unique. They sold a bunch of cool stuff. Bawls, sprechers, faygo. But they sold out to the big guys. And went cheap to product their own crap. Not enough shelf space when there's Two coolers filled with monster and red bull. Their own line of iced coffee cans and fake faygo pops are attrociously bad.

CARLEtheCamry t1_j6l8wi8 wrote

I'll actually avoid Sheetz for unless I want food for exactly this reason.

I'm a "pop in and grab a drink" kind of gas station patron. Every other gas station you can get either Turner's for cheap, or as a backup a 99c Arizona. Except Sheetz - it's like $1.59 for an oddly shaped bottle of honestly shit tea (and look at my examples, the bar is low).

EonBlue22 t1_j6k74rm wrote

I have found them at Giant Eagle