Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PittsburghBirdNerd t1_j5tblax wrote

We have a lot of birds here that sing year round/more frequently in January and February than other songbird species (Northern Cardinal, Black-capped Chickadee, American Robins, Song Sparrows and the loudest of the bunch--House and Carolina Wrens). The increase in sunlight over the days, though minimal for us to notice, does impact the increase in frequency of their morning songs as they prepare/practice for mating season.

Jumpy-Natural4868 OP t1_j5tfhv2 wrote

Thanks. I think they are wrens. I'll go check a song database.

woollywhelk t1_j5thfj7 wrote

The Merlin Bird ID app (free) has a tool that lets you Shazam bird songs! You just hold up your phone to record by sound ID and it will show which bird is singing. It’s so cool. I use it all the time.

Valhallas_Ghost t1_j5tnxp7 wrote

They were doing that out here in Washington too while the snow was just comin down hard, I was so confused by it 😂 "Am I confused or are y'all? 💀"

matildaisdead t1_j5u6d68 wrote

I heard birds chirping outside yesterday and was very confused.

MikMcD1977 t1_j5u6yvi wrote

A large group of Sparrows have been excitedly singing for at least 30 minutes here.

JDRL320 t1_j5ulgji wrote

Speaking of birds… I remember one night I opened our front door before bed and heard what sounded like 100’s of birds chirping around 11 o’clock at night. It was about 3 years ago. It didn’t last long maybe a week..? Then I never heard them again. It was so odd at that time of night.