Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rustybullrake t1_jcai5h2 wrote

That's not great.

Might be worth contacting the EPA's National Response Center: 1-800-424-8802.

forestfears OP t1_jcal8b3 wrote

Good thought! Just called, looks like I’m not the only one seeing this.

Update: this went on for about 3 - 4 hours. Felt larger than an oil slick. But no official word where it was coming from.

Antonio9photo t1_jcaxadq wrote

thank u for calling, truly

redd-this t1_jcbta4i wrote

Seriously.. would be a nice reassurance from the EPA that at least one other caller was a government official 😳

sc00p401 t1_jcahs4w wrote

That's definitely an oil slick. Probably a result of runoff from all the rain washing off the roads.

SparkDBowles t1_jcd56wx wrote

That’s what I’m thinking. Nonpoint source runoff from roads side rains and snowmelt.

GoxBoxSocks t1_jcal34g wrote

Something was leaking oil all down Washington street last night, the whole street was covered from Greene to city hall. It's a busy street and I didn't think much of it at the time but I wouldn't be surprised if something leaked across town and this is the run off.

Complete speculation.

darekta t1_jcbrd6e wrote

That can't be good...

UnicornShitShoveler t1_jcd403h wrote

There was alot of oil running down admiral street with the rain yesterday. Coincidentally I saw a providence hazmat truck return from somewhere.

SparkDBowles t1_jcd5hfj wrote

Anybody figure it out? Prob just no point source runoff from roads and storm drains due to rains and snowmelt.

[deleted] t1_jckumqx wrote

Now that the river won't freeze for the rest of the season, they're setting up for Waterfire

Dopey-NipNips t1_jcequ6n wrote

DEM will track this back to its source and fuck someone to death over it

final-effort t1_jcf2ugg wrote

Good.

Dopey-NipNips t1_jcf4it4 wrote

Yeah it is. It's crazy how good they are. They send out a team and pull samples up the river til they find the storm drain it came from, then pull samples from every drain that feeds it, then soil and surface samples til they find the house or business it came from

If it's a homeowner with a leaking tank they'll pay for it and insurance won't cover it. If it's a business they'll likely lose their insurance

bleep33324 t1_jcce8qo wrote

The tears of brown students about to take their orgo midterms

−10

[deleted] t1_jcajijf wrote

[deleted]

−15

Mr_Schmosby t1_jcals71 wrote

Where did you hear this? Tried to confirm and haven’t seen anything