Submitted by SuchField6 t3_yoxpz1 in providence

Hello I have recently moved to Rhode Island from Florida. How do I receive additional birth control here. Running out of birth control. Oral contraceptives. Gynecologist visits are months out. I know some states you can get it directly from the pharmacist without renewing the prescription from a gynecologist. Is that the case in Rhode Island?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FlashbackBob t1_ivgu4ll wrote

Try Planned Parenthood on Point Street in Providence.

starlitstarlet t1_ivi0ngm wrote

They’re not on point street anymore, they’ve moved to Broad at Cahir!

Simple-Swimming14 t1_ivh5mda wrote

I would ask your Florida doctor to issue you a refill until you see a local doctor. It's not a controlled substance so you can fill the script here without an issue. If you don't have insurance you will pay out of pocket. Ask the pharmacy to use a discount program for you. I usually use Goodrx.com

Chemical_Lead7108 t1_ivihxre wrote

In addition, you can also get oral contraception from teledoc if your doc in Florida can’t fill your script for whatever reason

[deleted] t1_ivhd3vk wrote

Planned Parenthood! They’re nice and will give you a physical and advise you.

Business-Impress4792 t1_ivgo7xy wrote

Hi I get mine delivered monthly through Favor. Check it out and see if it’d work for your needs

therealDrA t1_ivgp0kq wrote

Is planned parenthood months out to see someone? I thought they could get patients in quickly for just such circumstances? CVS walk in medical clinics might be another possibility

Goodnightfutureghost t1_ivk9jwa wrote

Minute clinic at CVS is the shit for real. When I was traveling out of network and had an ear infection, I went in to a minute clinic. They were like “thank god you came in because this would have put you in the hospital if you waited” 😬

But yeah they’re really nice there! If PP is booked, I’d give them a shot

Double_Farmer_2662 t1_ivh4mo0 wrote

Do you need a new script? Some urgent cares will be able to write it for you, just bring in what your current dosing is. PP is definitely an option, I think I had to wait maybe a week to get an appointment. I don’t think there are many in the state, but the one in providence is great.

Leftbehind25 t1_ivhoyeb wrote

Definitely check out planned parenthood. Thundermist may be an option too

TheGreyVicinity t1_ivi1ddj wrote

Hi! Just moved here too. Welcome.

My doctor in Texas sent it to the pharmacy her. Since it’s not a controlled substance, it can be prescribed across state lines.

huliojuanita t1_ivi2bz9 wrote

Nurx…it’s an app where you can order whatever bc you want and most insurances cover it

No_Discussion_5687 t1_ivi457g wrote

Planned Parenthood and Minute Clinics can prescribe BC

i-need-asistance t1_ivi6dzl wrote

I did a virtual appointment with planned parenthood and got 3 months with more after testing my blood pressure and sending them the results :)

skycomag t1_ivgp9xn wrote

How about just say "NO"

−67

Low-Medical t1_ivgwtig wrote

Oh, I take it you're against fornication? Don't knock it til you try it - it's pretty awesome.

tommygfunke t1_ivgz77g wrote

Notice how others are being helpful without judging? Give it a shot sometime. Or just mind ya business...

zjanderson t1_ivig4mh wrote

Birth control also helps regulate menstrual cycles. Not necessarily anything to do with sex.