Submitted by Shanbear16 t3_yze6z3 in providence

My 5 year old son has to miss a birthday party because of COVID. To try and cheer him up a bit I want to bring home some cupcakes. Where's the best place around for cupcakes?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Puzzleheaded_Try1359 t1_iwznsbt wrote

Taunton ave bakery is amazing. One of the only bakeries that uses real buttermilk frosting.

Ambitious_Salad_5426 t1_iwzypzo wrote

Their cupcakes and brownies are fantastic. Also love Vienna in Barrington for the cupcakes brownies and pumpkin muffins

Locksmith-Pitiful t1_ix0qhht wrote

Wildflour. Completely shits on even dairy based bakeries. Even if Madrid were to make cupcakes, it'd probably shit on them too. They're unmatched when it comes to cupcakes.

Wrights is another option for cheap, homemade, tasty pastries.

Jumpy_Ring8409 t1_ix1c47p wrote

I second this. I have to be GF (celiac disease) but even their GF cupcakes you would never know they were gluten free. Plus they have a lot of different flavor options

sadiebites t1_ix1uth9 wrote

Another vote for wildflour. My three year old loves and will only eat their double chocolate cupcake. We received cupcakes for Halloween from another local bakery and he was excited by the presentation but spit it out after one bite. Wildflour it is for us.

gloeingsoy t1_ix263tl wrote

god the way i do NOT vote for this, absolutely not. wildflour is fine if you want a treat as a vegan adult but not for a child’s birthday. OP - go to la salle bakery. they have phenomenal, beautiful cupcakes. I’ve lived here my whole life.

Locksmith-Pitiful t1_ix291od wrote

Huh? I'm not vegan, I love dairy, but I know for a fact that wildflour shits on dairy bakeries by a mile.

La salle for a kids party? Lmao inferior cupcakes at double the price nty

gloeingsoy t1_ix6nsuq wrote

i lived next to wildflour/garden grille for a year and i was never blown away, i ate it all the time. i live next to la salle now and it’s much better. just my opinion.

NMN80 t1_ix2jcwg wrote

Another vote for wildflower. Their carrot cake cupcake is up there with my favorites

JuiicyLemon t1_ix0ukpl wrote

Wrights dairy in North Smithfield

huh_phd t1_iwzkxi5 wrote

Sweet cakes bakery in Wakefield. I tried LOTS of cupcakes for my wedding and sweet cakes came out victorious. Reasonable prices and on the smaller side, but very dense and flavorful. Voted best in South County 7 years in a row

MissChampy t1_iwzsakq wrote

Clover dessert would be my choice!!

MissChampy t1_iwzybhq wrote

Edit: just saw that they closed walk up sales for a bit.

I add Sugar Mamas in Warwick for 2nd

entropomorphic t1_iwzuhgy wrote

We went with Marti's Cupcakes in Pawtucket for our kid's party. They were great and very reasonably priced.

nibbleswoodaway4prez t1_ix3udli wrote

Since you’re in Providence, I really like Sin. All these recommendations for places in Warwick are kind of crazy to go that for just for some cupcakes, there’s a lot of great places here in town.

I see all these recommendations for Wildflour too in Pawtucket, I’m not GF or vegan and also love that place, everything is pretty damn good.

hdale111 t1_iwzys07 wrote

Sweet Dees in Warwick

Sopressata t1_ixbbzqo wrote

Celebrated. We love her vegan cupcakes.