Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

the-mirrors-truth t1_jaeiz6r wrote

Having your privileges and good fortune cannot fix a chemical imbalance. It also can't erase the very horrible start to your life. Keep going to therapy, keep excerise, look into medical help. Sadly, none of this will help over night it could take a very long time to get to a better place.

dtorre t1_jaeiy7w wrote

Sounds like your relationship is the main issue. Controlling partners are never conducive to a happy relationship.

I'd suggest trying couples therapy if you want it to work. If she doesn't cooperate, it's over.

mikiex t1_jaerj9i wrote

I think you somehow need to get a passion for getting fit. Hire a personal trainer and be accountable for it. Hire a chef to make you good healthy food, or get a passion for cooking. Focusing on your health may well make you feel mentally much better. Also it's quite clear any issues with your relationship stem back to the one you had with your mother. Maybe you are attracted to someone somewhat unstable. Man you are not old, good luck buddy.

No_more_hiding t1_jaeuczr wrote

I hope you can get some good therapy and help heal some of your childhood trauma and depression. Don't feel bad for reaching out for professional help.

Another suggestion would be to get involved in something meaningful to help others. If you have the financial means, you could make a real difference to others and also find a bigger purpose and meaning for yourself. Maybe help some kids who grew up with parents having mental health issues, like you had to, or similar?