Submitted by autogenerated111 t3_11ebjja in rva

DawnStar Video Games is hosting a Super Smash Bros tournament at the Byrd Theater on March 4th at 12 to 3 pm. It is their second event, and I am not affiliated with it in any way. I just thought I'd share with anyone interested. The event is spectator only.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

slayer522 t1_jadq3ul wrote

Hell yeah!! I’ll be there with my main Lucas. Come get PK Freeze’d. If you dare 😤

mike2928 t1_jadoaup wrote

Thanks for reminding me to get a ticket. They have other tournaments the next day at the answer too. I’m signing for Street Fighter 3rd Strike

autogenerated111 OP t1_jadpcay wrote

Yeah I haven’t been to any of the weekly events either. I just saw the Byrd event and it jump started my interest. I don’t have skills in any of these games, but this could be my motivation to improve.

mike2928 t1_jadq9bc wrote

I highly recommend joining some of the other ones. I have been to all the 3rd Strike ones, they have been pretty fun hangouts.

fluufhead t1_jadu7jv wrote

The post says it's spectator only though?

lycosid t1_jadyaja wrote

They do free tournaments every Thursday at the Answer. This is basically their invitational for the best players from there.

The Thursday tournaments are very friendly and low-key. I only went when they had a Smash 64 side event because I’ve never touched a GameCube controller in my life but everyone was really welcoming and the event was well run.

autogenerated111 OP t1_jadudjb wrote

You can participate in the events at Answer Brewpub.

fluufhead t1_jadur4n wrote

Oh ok. Not interested in paying to watch a smash tournament but would definitely play at Answer