Submitted by Ms-Pamplemousse t3_yezbbt in rva

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/10/27/new-restaurant-takeout-app-launches-with-richmond-restaurateurs-as-owners/

Seems like it could be good for restaurants -- hopefully it's good for the delivery drivers as well.

**Edit: looks like it might be takeout only?

I'm not a photoshop wiz, but the photo of the founder in this article is a bad photoshop job right? Bad in the sense that they're using it in a professional article and it's clearly photoshopped.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Rs90 t1_iu1kffv wrote

So from the article it sound like just takeout, no delivery. Unless I missed it.

Ms-Pamplemousse OP t1_iu1v0kt wrote

Wow, good catch. I think you're right. They compare FoodUp to delivery platforms all over and even said the original concept was delivery, but it's really easy to miss that nuance (or at least I'd like to think so, lol).

Rs90 t1_iu2fjuh wrote

Yeah it was kind of a strange article tbh. Guy talk about not running straight to the market then immediately talks about pushing into other states and locales after 4 restaurants offering takeout. I'm curious how this is different than just...ordering takeout from a restaurant. I'm confused but I'm also not a business owner. And yeah the photoshop doesn't really scream "legit". Not a scam but def not who I'd throw money at tbh.

Danger-Moose t1_iu0xlua wrote

> I'm not a photoshop wiz, but the photo of the founder in this article is a bad photoshop job right?

Sure looks like it. Bunch of missed pixels on the right.

InterstateExit t1_iu22snb wrote

Yeah the silhouette is very rough, it’s a terrible attempt.

fanrva t1_iu19zor wrote

Ooo Greek Taverna is on there. I’m in.

jellicle-eve t1_iu47488 wrote

If it's take out only, maybe it's to avoid the fees from like toast tab? Grub hub and door dash also are the only order ahead options for some restaurants