Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

c53x12 t1_iv5490c wrote

What kind of beer goes best with a pupusa at 9 am?

victechy OP t1_iv5d8eu wrote

Funny you should ask. I have been enjoying pupusas for quite some time now. Thought I knew all there is to know about them having an honorary doctorate and all in the delicate science of Pupusología (self awarded, of course), knowing all the combinations, flour options, and even being able to order them en Español while giving a goofy look around the room to see who’s listening. It wasn’t until this past summer, during a trip to the land where it all began, while being served pupusas with cafecito at 8:30AM Central Standard Time, that I learned pupusas are ALSO a breakfast meal. I felt ashamed for not knowing, but the feeling quickly passed after my first bite. To answer your question, whichever you prefer, but you may want to pregame or bring your own cooler as I didn’t see any options on the menu. Cheers.

sleevieb t1_iv5nsl1 wrote

You went to El Salvador?

victechy OP t1_iv6nxgo wrote

Yes. Playa El Cuco in San Miguel to be precise. The wonderful staff at Sunset Hotel & Restaurant in El Cuco spoiled us rotten for a week. This is where I had pupusas for breakfast one morning.

sleevieb t1_iv6yz6l wrote

I want to go to El Salvador so bad but everyone I've ever known that has gone though (all Salvadorans or people from neighboring countries or people with relatives there) tell me it is WAY too dangerous.

victechy OP t1_iv79m97 wrote

Go. They probably went a few years ago. Times are different.

bkemp1984Part2 t1_iv5jt1b wrote

A 32 oz of Regia, I doubt they'll mind if you show up with a few

dj1200techniques t1_iv5m3a9 wrote

Never been a fan of the Salvi beers. They’re way too hoppy for my taste. But if I had to choose one at 9AM to go with a revuelta con curtido…. I’d say a nice Founders porter.

sleevieb t1_iv5nvpj wrote

Baleadas for breakfast or plato tipico

mike2928 t1_iv6vmra wrote

Is this a Salvadoran event or a restaurant special?

victechy OP t1_iv71p1e wrote

Neither, really. Tomorrow's fundraising event is hosted by COCOSAL-RVA, a local non-profit organization in support of the Salvadorean community living in RVA. All members are volunteers and most of them are Salvadorean, but the event is open to anyone who wants to stop by and enjoy some good eats.