Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CochinNbrahma t1_j9g72s2 wrote

Fertility treatments are going to be prohibitively expensive. Older people with money attempting to have 1-2 kids is not why the human population has grown exponentially & continues to do so.

leonardo201818 t1_j9gjfzv wrote

Populations are declining across the world. China, Japan, and Russia face serious problems over the next 20-30 years due to their aging population. There’s not enough young people to support the economy.

Scyfer327 t1_j9glf85 wrote

It's because young people don't want to have kids, nothing to do with infertility

Educational_Hawk1236 t1_j9gtf2n wrote

It's both. People are delaying the decision to have kids until later in life, then if they decide they want them they often can't have them because of fertility issues. It's more on the side of "don't want to have kids" than it is infertility, but the contribution of infertility isn't insignificant.

Nero_PR t1_j9h5qb1 wrote

Me and my partner are just thinking of not having kids at this point now that we are past or late 20s. It's just too expensive and we don't want our parents to help with supporting our children if we decide to have any. We both don't have the best relationship with our families, especially from my partner's side.

We'll probably invest in our careers, hobbies, and traveling instead of having a family.

aledba t1_j9h9ikc wrote

Remember to fund your retirement

AnDraoi t1_j9h3xra wrote

This is not a solvable problem without automation otherwise the population has to permanently grow to support the economy which isn’t realistic unless we’re settling in space