Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FrolickingTiggers t1_ir8di38 wrote

So, if factory workers had decent hours and fair wages they would be really creative people?

What a collective loss for our society.

Tearakan t1_ir8j5b5 wrote

Turns out being bored and not having crazy schedules is kinda a good thing.

[deleted] t1_ir8k9m3 wrote

it's not accurate to call it boredom. thats a different thing. that's more akin to restlessness.

bluDesu t1_ir9tyoi wrote

I think he means more free time to put that creativity into use

2cap t1_irdeoks wrote

lots of factory workers have ideas, its making them come to reality which is the hard thing

c0224v2609 t1_ircovov wrote

Something, something, Marx’s theory of alienation?

jezhughes t1_ir9afqp wrote

I thought this was theorised ages ago that when your brain enters theta state like when in the shower, it can result in higher creativity.

2cap t1_irdeq7o wrote

there is a free coursea course on it, how to study

AutoModerator t1_ir8cnth wrote

Welcome to r/science! This is a heavily moderated subreddit in order to keep the discussion on science. However, we recognize that many people want to discuss how they feel the research relates to their own personal lives, so to give people a space to do that, personal anecdotes are now allowed as responses to this comment. Any anecdotal comments elsewhere in the discussion will continue to be removed and our normal comment rules still apply to other comments.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Jeffersness t1_ircgv0t wrote

Is it mindless or is it pleasurable? Could pleasure be a creative force?

DocGrey187000 t1_ircu8sd wrote

Shower

Driving

Tetris

These are things I do to get in that zone.