Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

feckentool t1_iwe2vf5 wrote

"Except for price"? Bruh in the 1990s we paid $50/eighth for mids. Now after a quarter century of inflation I pay half that dollar amount for buds kinder than we ever had back then.

Scared-Conflict-653 t1_iwes6dy wrote

Anyone find it weird how morally unacceptable people find something until it's viewed as fine?

Slothnazi t1_iwfmm5h wrote

Yeah, a lot of people conflate legality with morality. Which is frustrating when you can just learn history...

strikt9 t1_iweb9uv wrote

My biggest issue is any time I go to buy, the entire product selection has changed. I’d really like to find something I like and stick with it

Nug_Shaddaa t1_iweyh3d wrote

At least in Alberta it's the fault of the AGLC not having a clue about what product to bring into the province

PolitelyHostile t1_iwjto1x wrote

In Ontario I get the same two strains every time. Low THC high CBD.

CarBombtheDestroyer t1_iwe3bdq wrote

I finally found legal weed in Canada that doesn’t suck. Ever since they legalize weed here it’s all been dry due to regulations resulting from mouldy weed that sat around when legalization was first getting off the ground. From what I understand anyway. Selection is great unless you wish to select sticky weed. Prices are in a good spot.

Leading-Two5757 t1_iwef638 wrote

This was one of the biggest downsides of legal pot in Washington State. The law requires all pot to be packaged in hermetically sealed bags which results in everything being so dry it crumbles in your fingers. $10 gram or $50 gram, doesn’t matter - just dust.

swiftgruve t1_iwe952y wrote

Really? Here in Quebec it’s pretty good. I’m not an expert but I wouldn’t call it dry.

CarBombtheDestroyer t1_iwefb0g wrote

Maybe you guys have the goods I live in BC and Alberta.

Edit: actually thought about this I would be willing to bet we are getting the same weed as it’s all factory weed being distributed but I think our old weed was a lot better out this way.

AutoModerator t1_iwdwjea wrote

Welcome to r/science! This is a heavily moderated subreddit in order to keep the discussion on science. However, we recognize that many people want to discuss how they feel the research relates to their own personal lives, so to give people a space to do that, personal anecdotes are allowed as responses to this comment. Any anecdotal comments elsewhere in the discussion will be removed and our normal comment rules apply to all other comments.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Ok-Hunt6574 t1_iwg4jn2 wrote

Minimum of $1 per gram causes price issues. Make it a percentage of total sales.

nomorepumpkins t1_iwgdcg7 wrote

I get an 2 oz of good stuff for $80 on the rez. Plus some free stuff like a pre roll and a lighter. One day i got a t shirt, edibles, a couple pre rolls with my purchase. I also get a punch card for a discount and when I fill it I get entered in a draw for a basket full of weed. I havent bought 'legally' in years.

Nomore_crazy t1_iwgd954 wrote

But why is it acceptable for it to be casually smoked in bus shelters during freezing cold weather with large groups of us waiting?

−1

acarsity t1_iwhebb2 wrote

Its not okay. Tell them to step out.

Its similar etiquette to cigs. If someone around you is smoking and bothering you, ask em to stop. Especially in closed spaces.

As a daily weed smoker, it seems obvious that other people don’t wanna be forced to inhale second hand smoke.