Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Longjumping_Pilgirm t1_j26jli1 wrote

I don't see why not. There is nothing that could stop us except ourselves. It could even be a positive thing. It could enable people who are bad at talking to women the chance to actually be a father, and by that point our genetic tech should be good enough to create the female side of the equation from scratch, perhaps even within the robot itself. It works the other way also. Male robots could spontaneously generate sperm and get a women pregnant who wouldn't other wise be in a relationship. The robot could also be programmed to be an ideal partner, and also programmed to seem like a conscious entity, but not. That way many ethical problems are dodged.

Wroisu t1_j26roqx wrote

If you grow a humanoid ‘android’ out of materials that would make it indistinguishable from a person, except for materials, I don’t see why not.

r0sten t1_j28jepl wrote

You might want to read Charlie Stross' Saturn's Children series, it's about robots inhabiting a post-human world. At least one robot that shows up has a multiple womb setup in order to birth human babies. Somehow the robots are never able to keep them alive for long though.

Eldrate t1_j29vf7z wrote

This is the plot to Blade-Runner 2049 if you haven’t seen it! Great movie and sequel to the classic

Desperate_Food7354 t1_j270eik wrote

no. you need the humanoid robot to access the quantum field and play fingers with the god of the bible and win at least 3/5 games before god is able to cast down his soul juice into the artificial womb granting the free will neuron dictated in the prophecy of “facts don’t care about your feelings” - ben shapiro page 7 line 23

−3

thebenshapirobot t1_j270fno wrote

I saw that you mentioned Ben Shapiro. In case some of you don't know, Ben Shapiro is a grifter and a hack. If you find anything he's said compelling, you should keep in mind he also says things like this:

>This is what the radical feminist movement was proposing, remember? Women need a man the way a fish needs a bicycle... unless it turns out that they're little fish, then you might need another fish around to help take care of things.

^(I'm a bot. My purpose is to counteract online radicalization. You can summon me by tagging thebenshapirobot. Options: covid, gay marriage, civil rights, sex, etc.)

^Opt ^Out

Desperate_Food7354 t1_j270hu9 wrote

I had no idea about this bot lmfao.

thebenshapirobot t1_j272cbj wrote

Why won't you debate me?

^(I'm a bot. My purpose is to counteract online radicalization. You can summon me by tagging thebenshapirobot. Options: novel, history, healthcare, gay marriage, etc.)

^Opt ^Out

Desperate_Food7354 t1_j272la4 wrote

quote from ben shapiro: “i won’t give my kid internet access until they’re 18”

thebenshapirobot t1_j278pa6 wrote

Why won't you debate me?

^(I'm a bot. My purpose is to counteract online radicalization. You can summon me by tagging thebenshapirobot. Options: gay marriage, covid, feminism, history, etc.)

^Opt ^Out