Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Blueblackzinc t1_j0ujdg4 wrote

This just a lazy ad promoting their blog? OP didn't even bother writing anything regarding their approach.

Clavi_msi t1_j0sya9o wrote

Thank you for sharing ! It's interesting to me since I also recently published a research where I tried to find if we could generate profits while re-purposing space debris in the geostationary orbit

sivacat t1_j0tb28y wrote

Astriagraph is neat

Arentanji t1_j0u0ief wrote

Thanks for the link to this - amazing how crowded space is.

Adeldor t1_j0ucns0 wrote

Beware such depictions. Orbital space is nowhere near that densely crowded. The scale of the dots is massively exaggerated - necessary simply to see them on such representations. Were they to scale, they'd be far too tiny to be visible.

In this example, were the dots as depicted to scale, they'd be larger than cities.

INFJ_GenX t1_j0ul5yw wrote

What fascinates me is that our sun is traveling through the universe something like 70,000 km per hour (43,496 miles per hour), how can we see what's ahead of us if we're traveling that quickly, but I also know the Sun protects us in its heliosphere... but still, how do we know that the path ahead of us isn't some destroyed rogue planet debris or other asteroid debris field?

ffwiffo t1_j0w695p wrote

those are inter-stellar objects and very rare compared to the rest of the stuff locked in the Sun's orbit (we've found two - Oumuamua and comet 2I/Borizov).

https://www.space.com/astronomers-expect-more-interstellar-objects.html

INFJ_GenX t1_j0whxma wrote

Awesome! Thank you.

I think the universe is fascinating... it's kind of hard to wrap my head around that it's infinite too. (according to quantum physics models, I believe).

INFJ_GenX t1_j0umlsw wrote

Oh you're talking about it on a micro level, I was thinking of a macro level, sorry I read your blog.