Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ajockmacabre t1_j6acydd wrote

Yeah, I tried to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after a particularly gnarly dab.

space-ModTeam t1_j6ad1cp wrote

Hello u/Midas-__-, your submission "Why don’t we just make antimatter?" has been removed from r/space because:

• Such questions should be asked in the "All space questions" thread stickied at the top of the sub.

Please read the rules in the sidebar and check r/space for duplicate submissions before posting. If you have any questions about this removal please message the r/space moderators. Thank you.

Joseph_HTMP t1_j6ad4gb wrote

>if we can’t make antimatter

We can. It's produced at CERN all the time.

>why can’t we just make something that flips or rotates a particle?

That doesn't really mean anything as a sentence.

>I mean we could change it’s “behavior” right?

Sure? That's got nothing to do with antimatter though.

> I don’t know why but for me this makes a lot of sense

Because you're incredibly stoned? It doesn't make much sense in terms of the actual physics.

Midas-__- t1_j6aelp7 wrote

1: you’re probably not fun at parties 2: it makes sense to me because if we can flip/rotates ia particles spin, why don’t we flip an antimatter particle? 3: you’re probably not fun at parties

Joseph_HTMP t1_j6afsia wrote

>2: it makes sense to me because if we can flip/rotates ia particles spin, why don’t we flip an antimatter particle?

"Spin" in particle physics isn't actually the particle spinning. Its just a name for a measure of angular momentum.

>why don’t we flip an antimatter particle?

Not sure what you mean by "flip". If you mean measure the spin, we can. A positron is an antimatter particle, and we can measure their spin.

>you’re probably not fun at parties

Why bother asking the question if you don't want / can't deal with a serious answer?