Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

moomoopoocow t1_iwmpval wrote

What an asshole, I hope he loses his first match

arsonbunny t1_iwolwxz wrote

He'll probably dominate and win the entire tournament.

Minute_Collection565 t1_iwrgsty wrote

Why is he an asshole?

moomoopoocow t1_iwrhgja wrote

He's an anti vax nut job

[deleted] t1_iwri4yu wrote

[removed]

[deleted] t1_iwrir1z wrote

[removed]

[deleted] t1_iwrklfi wrote

[removed]

[deleted] t1_iwrkus5 wrote

[removed]

−2

arsonbunny t1_iwnhi2m wrote

Hope he wins just to see Reddit seethe.

no_dice t1_iwpg5vq wrote

I too choose who to cheer for in sports based on how bad it will make anonymous internet strangers feel!

dbivol t1_iwmq7sl wrote

What a mess of this comment section...

BazzaJH t1_iwoq310 wrote

Excellent news. Our immigration minister has set the precedent that, with enough money, lying to border officials and providing them with false information is only worth a one year ban. What could go wrong?

q8kudo t1_iwpg9an wrote

In Australian Federal court it was PROVEN that the exemption he got from AUSTRALIA was legit.

That he never lied to Officials. No false information whatsoever.

Propaganda is crazy.

BazzaJH t1_iwphvjo wrote

A statement by the (edit: former, not current) minister, from the court documents:

> Further, I have had regard to the fact that he received a letter from Tennis Australia, which was signed by Dr Carolyn Broderick and reviewed by an Independent Expert Medical Review Panel comprised of [names redacted]. I have taken into account that upon receipt of this letter, Mr DJOKOVIC considered that he had a valid medical exemption to come to Australia, and that he would thereafter be entitled to remain in Australia.

Or in other words, our tennis governing body said they wouldn't stop him from playing in their tournament, and he assumed that meant he was cleared to enter the country. As if the highest authority of Australian border security is a fucking sports organisation.

In reality, he was neither vaccinated nor exempt from requiring a vaccination, and yet he declared that he was in his visa application. What is that if not lying?

BazzaJH t1_iwrttm9 wrote

Facts from official Federal Court documentation: downvoted for "bullying King Nole"

Baseless fabrication that uses CAPITAL letters for EMPHASIS as if that makes their FANFICTION true: blindly accepted and believed

hivaidsislethal t1_iwqyunq wrote

I certainly hope you always declare all the good you buy abroad, wouldn't want to lie on your form.

As pointed out that form that he hadn't been in another country in last 14 days isnt the smoking gun you think it is, given that they had to kick him out for "anti vaxx sentiment" should tell you the lawyers probably know more than you. Also tidbit of info for you, you can verbally correct anything in that form on your arrival, that info might help you one time.

Also the fact that 10 people were granted the exemption but only fuss was made about 1 tells you his status is actually what got him into the mess, if he was a nobody he gets let in like the 9 others.

The prime minister previously spoke positively of the anti vaxxers protesting for their beliefs only to change his tune when he wanted cheap political points ahead of an election to distract from his mishandling of the rapid tests.

Minute_Collection565 t1_iwrgoak wrote

Good. And if it pisses off a certain segment of terminally miserable people, then all the better!

Zakkar t1_iwnbmzt wrote

Prepare to get booed Novak.

Minute_Collection565 t1_iwrgyrn wrote

He will probably get cheered. Most people resent governments for what they did to them during Covid lockdowns.

Zakkar t1_iwrim63 wrote

Novak is despised in Australia, doubley more so now.

Minute_Collection565 t1_iwrkfcr wrote

We shall wait and see.

The vitriol against those who declined the Covid shots is exacerbated online. In real life people are nearly as hateful.

ziadog t1_iwmrmay wrote

What a sack of lying shit. I was hoping Australia would stick to the correct decision.

−2

Ingr1d t1_iwnaag5 wrote

Judging by these comments, never seen a more polarising celebrity in my life.

−2

X0AN t1_iwnk0rq wrote

Absolute disgrace to the sport and a terrible role model.

He should be banned form the sport for life. I won't be watching him.

−3

aheadrelieve t1_iwmhc8x wrote

he is a public danger

−5

goonts_tv t1_iwmqzq8 wrote

Ya, represents critical thinking which is a danger to those who want to control the masses

−48

badlyPick42 t1_iwmi0v0 wrote

It's not jakovic and it's not nol.

−6

evilcarrier701 t1_iwmhgkd wrote

So he was right, he didn’t need the jab and Australia agreed 🤝

−10

ontheburst t1_iwoq9zl wrote

Not ever close to be true. You don’t need to declare your vaxx status to enter Australia anymore. He was banned for 3 years because he lied on his visa declaration form last year which is an offence. They are cancelling that ban so he can play. He is still an anti-vaxx moron

Fathletic231 t1_iwocg21 wrote

Ahahahaha dude deleted his account after this. (The one that tried to argue with me)

−1

Fathletic231 t1_iwnlyzy wrote

After 2 years….

−3

BSC25M t1_iwo2kqn wrote

10 months…he wasn’t allowed to play in January…

His lack of vaccination in 2021 wasn’t an issue as basically no one his age was vaccinated anywhere at the time of the tournament…

Fathletic231 t1_iwo7yo8 wrote

So 2021 and 2022?

BSC25M t1_iwo8v91 wrote

Australia agreed with him he didn’t need the jab in 2021…

They disagreed with him 10 months ago…now they agree he doesn’t…

10 months is NOT 2 years…

I can label it on a calendar if you’d like…

Fathletic231 t1_iwoa7m4 wrote

Thanks asshole. I thought he didn’t play in 21 or 22. Hence the question in the previous comment but apparently you missed that

BSC25M t1_iwoc8lr wrote

No…that’s not what you meant…

Nice try though…

mightilyset t1_iwmhj4n wrote

Yes🙌✨🏆 Novak the GOAT

−15

dullyMacerate104 t1_iwmi2f6 wrote

You should do some research before publishing completely false information! is it normal to you that someone should be detained for the reasons you named in your video?

−32

backprovide t1_iwmhpwf wrote

Why would he want to return to Australia after how this Government treated him...like a criminal.

−48

Zakkar t1_iwnbbj9 wrote

Treated him like the criminal he is, forging test results and the like.