Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Talidel t1_ix6a54e wrote

Well I for one am shocked that the completely legitimate and above board world cup has had yet more controversial things happen in the first game.

Tarantula_Saurus_Rex t1_ix6f1g6 wrote

I wonder if InBev had any contractual agreement with FIFA should Qatar renege on beer and alcohol sales. They had to know a conservative Muslim nation could decide to "nope" at the last minute.

Psychological-Poet-4 t1_ix6kt0p wrote

I read they spent 75 million for the right to provide the beer, but I didn't see anything that said they could recoop anything

Tarantula_Saurus_Rex t1_ix6t1rk wrote

I read that too, and I wonder if there is an insurance clause in the contract stating something like "if no beer/product is sold because of religious or other reasons then contract is null and void" $75 million is a lot of money. It's hard to imagine not having a mechanism in place for when things change suddenly.

VariableVeritas t1_ix69zv9 wrote

This article seems old now that they lost the first match.

MrmmphMrmmph t1_ix6k9re wrote

And here I was thinking I had gained the gift of prophecy.

cujukenmari t1_ix6x0yl wrote

Completely fabricated article. Can't believe this passes as journalism. I guess Australia gave us Murdoch.

Roundaboutsix t1_ix81i40 wrote

Can’t wait to see which Muslim country hosts the next available World Cup tourney. ‘Spectators must wear hijabs going to, returning from, and while seated in the stadium. Cheers will be limited to periodic rousing choruses of ‘Allah Akbar’ but only allowed after a true believer successfully scores.’ /s

Wuntoothrie t1_ix8jxsg wrote

Trying to save face by issuing fake news about your horrible team letting the other team win in the playoffs ... that's fucking sad.

They should've spent the money on talent instead of destroying the integrity and the reputation of the sport of football fur generations to come.

omdano t1_ix76n33 wrote

Media showing their true racist colors, mufukas saying fixing matches when it's 0-2

−11

Assumption-Putrid t1_ix7xb1r wrote

The fixing was that it wasn't 10-0 /s

buzzhavoc t1_ix8etuz wrote

Not sure the /s works here as it's likely true. Qatar played HORRIBLY, a high school team could have beat them.