Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RunDNA t1_j105bo3 wrote

If you look at the List of Most-liked Instagram Posts of All Time, 6 of the Top 10 posts feature Messi.

doctorMiami1337 t1_j10lpsg wrote

I love how that list is nothing but Messi Ronaldo and Neymar

Actually insane how football is a league of its own compared to any sport

1x2x4x1 t1_j10n5au wrote

One is the egg, another one is xxxtentacion, and the other 2 are Christiano Ronaldo.

bordumb t1_j10yh1e wrote

He’s got over 400,000,000 followers so it makes sense.

DwightSchrute0109 t1_j1335mk wrote

Ronaldo has 520 M

−2

Big-Shtick t1_j1354vk wrote

Then it's even more impressives as he's absolutely shitting on the guy with more followers lol

bordumb t1_j13b0po wrote

That’s not relevant at all to this post, but thank you for the useless information in any case.

This is like telling me the most common element in the universe is hydrogen when we’re talking about our favourite snack for breakfast. Your info is correct, but it’s useless for the conversation.

−1

DwightSchrute0109 t1_j13mwu6 wrote

It's not relevant to the post but relevant to the comment you made. If Messi has 400M followers and getting this much likes, Ronaldo with 520M followers should be able to get more likes with your logic.

bordumb t1_j13vp0q wrote

That’s not my logic.

My logic is he has 400,000,000 AND Messi is on the team that won the World Cup.

So it’s like comparing apples and oranges.

−3

sbenfsonw t1_j11j719 wrote

Half are from this World Cup and two are the same picture

LikeableCoconut t1_j1111ki wrote

The egg lost its place. R.I.P

LamarjbYT t1_j12m330 wrote

It was a great run.

untitled02 t1_j13umuq wrote

Good. I’m glad the top post is now something impactful instead of just a lame attention grab begging for likes

LogPoseNavigator t1_j13y4dk wrote

It was supposed to be a message, every day the egg gained more cracks until a message with revealed inside.

cbblaze t1_j10ky1t wrote

Was honestly one of the most exciting soccer games I think ive seen. I was watching in spanish, and the spanish annoucer sounded like he was litterally in tears after Argentina won. He was so happy.

Generic_user_person t1_j10mbic wrote

He .... He was lol, the announcer was argentinan.

Also you gotta watch soccer in Spanish, so much more exciting.

payle_knite t1_j113c78 wrote

The FOX commentators compelled everyone to download Duolingo and learn Spanish. Cringe announcing. Zero game analysis and they couldn’t pronounce player names.

Busquessi t1_j12ws2e wrote

“Acoona” killed me. They also said “Argentinia” one time. That was the last time I watched on Fox. Shittest commentators I’ve ever heard.

cbblaze t1_j10mw86 wrote

I absolutely loved it! Didnt realize he was Argentinean. Couldnt understand anything other than Messi, but honestly felt the excitement and passion.

Generic_user_person t1_j10p4w1 wrote

i bet you also understood

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo deep inhale oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Arlcas t1_j12ehp0 wrote

The Simpsons were right all along.

sabre_rider t1_j1179lb wrote

On the other hand, the fox network’s American commentators were easily the worst.

ValeoAnt t1_j12k7wj wrote

Martin Tyler was 2nd worse, needs to retire, sounded bored the whole game and killed it

schorschico t1_j115cua wrote

Go watch the video of him during the last penalty. It's really moving.

(His name is Cantor, to make the search easier)

Barack_Bob_Oganja t1_j12x03b wrote

Honestly it ended up being one of the most exciting finals but it was also 10 minutes away from being one of the most boring ones, the first 80 minutes kinda sucked.

IslandChillin t1_j106rv4 wrote

64M likes is just fucking crazy to even think about.

quondam47 t1_j10w8ma wrote

If they all lived in the one country, it would be the 23rd most populous on the planet.

informativebitching t1_j11rmyq wrote

Argentina only has like 46 million people and a chunk of those are too young to be able even read so that’s a lot of millions not from Argentina liking it too.

Mr_Cam86 t1_j123oc8 wrote

People in Indian, Pakistan and Bangladesh love Messi and Argentina.

[deleted] t1_j1804y2 wrote

And some of them are too poor to afford a phone

BrandonLang t1_j11epf4 wrote

or smaller than california

cseijif t1_j11hpnu wrote

Why you gotta bring c*lifornia into this?

−18

cseijif t1_j11hsrg wrote

Why you gotta bring c*lifornia into this?

−22

Ring_Lo_Finger t1_j10fno7 wrote

Beyond egg!

PMMeMunicipalPolicy t1_j1219ze wrote

Ronaldo is seething

Picolete t1_j12dh5j wrote

Nahh, actually they are good friends

−13

nafarafaltootle t1_j12zvjs wrote

I would be if I was one of the greatest to ever play the game and got treated like shit for not single-handedly winning against 11-man teams at 39

−14

magictuch t1_j1379uw wrote

No one denies that Ronaldo is one of the all-time greats. So he doesn't get treated like shit for that.

The pushback is only against him acting like a diva and thinking that he is the "undisputed greatest of all time" (he's made tons of such claims throughout his career). He has a massive ego that he likes to stroke and people don't like that.

SillyLilHobbit t1_j139we7 wrote

He gets treated like shit because he acts like a shithead. Literally no one in the world hates him for the reason you said(except maybe in your head lol).

nafarafaltootle t1_j14jkrt wrote

What did he do?

Deluxefish t1_j17lyb0 wrote

Did you forget about his interview and subsequent termination at ManU already? That's just the most recent example.

Then he's also a rapist

MuddydogCO t1_j13lkq8 wrote

CR7 is 37, not 39. Portugal played much better with him on the bench this WC, so he's clearly not winning games single handedly. In fact he's not winning games at all. Last, as others have stated, CR7 isn't hated for being an all-time great player. He's hated for acting like a massive ass.

Candy_Badger t1_j11fs0m wrote

That was a great final! Messi deserved to win it. He played a great WC. Unbelievable player.

Warmanee t1_j122ymp wrote

Didn’t deserve it one bit. With how dirty Argentina played against the Netherlands.

−58

Wonckay t1_j13tuz3 wrote

Netherlands with the 30 fouls in one game?

SpeedyChiken t1_j149rpe wrote

I'm sorry, after how dirty the Netherlands played against Spain in the final you don't have a leg to stand on.

andytdesigns1 t1_j12mr12 wrote

And least liked: you guessed it , Frank Stallone, JK Salt Bae

Mr_Cam86 t1_j123esr wrote

I love that man. Long live the king!

DefinitelyAHumanoid t1_j13y2vf wrote

I’m still reading mad comments of people insisting he’s not the goat, they are on some hatorade cus this dudes a legend.

[deleted] t1_j142zwk wrote

What douche bag is named Lionel? Fuck Fifa

Manizno t1_j14eiz1 wrote

All of that team effort just to snub an egg

Sids1188 t1_j18fn1f wrote

I can't read the Spanish, but at least it appears to be a post with a bit of content to it. That's a rare thing for popular posts on social media.

che_gaston t1_j12uij3 wrote

Search Giralt. He’s from commentator from Argentina.

Your welcome

sly_savhoot t1_j13gtx8 wrote

Meanwhile ppl in America think labron is god. Labron is too afraid to speak on China , why ppl think he’s a god or a mentor? Consistency would be nice , BLM is ok but Uyghur genoicde isn’t his area.

−6

Kataneo t1_j17t2m9 wrote

where the fuck did that come from

[deleted] t1_j12rl56 wrote

Fuck Fifa and fuck him too

−12

saint-simon97 t1_j13o7nq wrote

You have issues

[deleted] t1_j14395o wrote

Are you gonna cry soccer bitch?🤣🤣🤣

−2

saint-simon97 t1_j14us5h wrote

Don't think I'm the one crying here

Joshix1 t1_j11mfa0 wrote

Why exactly do we care how often people press a button? Oh wait. Money.

−21

Trickybuz93 t1_j11n2iz wrote

Because the second-most liked IG post ever was a picture of an egg

Zugas t1_j10w4ee wrote

And now everyone’s feed is filled with football. IG is so bad right now.

−56