Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MCLand OP t1_j9vltpu wrote

He works out of his home, and being just one dude, things took a bit longer. Honestly worth it for what he saved us.

The story: Our 2007 Lexus needed a new alternator (or so we thought). Everywhere we took it wanted over $1k because on this stupid car the alternator is under the damn engine, and lifting the engine is a pill. We even considered doing it ourselves in the driveway with a friend's (and YouTube's) help. Luckily we were dissuaded from that.

My partner goes and is asking around, and a guy at one of the O'reillys hands him this guy's card. We got in touch and not only did he get discounts on parts, he was very straight with us about fixing it. Very communicative. Wasn't the alternator, something else was leaking oil on it, [more car-speak], etc... saved us thousands, actually took the time to diagnose and fix the problem and any others he saw. Gave us back a FIXED car, not a ticking time bomb money-pit.

100% recommend and will go back if anything else goes off about the car. Plus, he's just a cool dude.

nofretting t1_j9xm80q wrote

Ken Owens, across the street from Bass Pro. Before we got married, my ex-wife had her cars serviced there. She said that she never felt like she was talked down to or taken advantage of because of her gender, and we never had a problem with any of the work his shop did.

cojak777 t1_j9yg99u wrote

Can definitely recommend Ken Owens. He's worked on three cars of mine over the years and is definitely fair. I also send women his way for the same reason you mentioned.

ep1c_t4ble t1_j9vnsj0 wrote

Do you know if he works on older cars mines a 1985 bmw

MCLand OP t1_j9vtx1l wrote

I'd call/email and ask, I do not know