Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Poachedguppy t1_iwveo7y wrote

Did you post this to Leigh’s Lost and Found on Facebook? Hope he comes back soon!

MonoChaos OP t1_iwvfrag wrote

Did it right after making this Reddit post

MonoChaos OP t1_iwv9dgr wrote

His name is Nubbers and my phone number is on his heart shaped name tag on the collar there. If anyone finds and catches him, please call the number on it and let me know.

BennySmudge t1_iwv8hnp wrote

Put the litter box on the porch

MonoChaos OP t1_iwv8pks wrote

Did that the moment I discovered he got out. I've just been waiting ever since (I don't have a car so looking him for him myself, especially in this weather, is a no-go)

BobVilasdick t1_iwz18m1 wrote

Some say that leaving the litter box out is actually a TERRIBLE idea because the scent will attract other animals and predators who will likely scare your cat away if he tries coming back.

I would leave out a towel or blanket with yours or his scent instead.

ActionFalcon t1_iwvf5wy wrote

Do you mind sharing the neighborhood you reside in? That information may incline people who live in your neighborhood to keep a more keen eye out.

MonoChaos OP t1_iwvfvhn wrote

Monroe Street, near Glenstone.

AtomicTacoSauce t1_iwwplnw wrote

I'm not too far from there and walk one of my pups twice a day, so I'll keep a lookout for ya!

MonoChaos OP t1_iww3yrc wrote

Oh, I should probably mention his breed. He's a Manx, which means he was born with no tail. He just has a little nub where his tail would be, hence his name.

I didn't name him that. My mom's friend gave him to me and I didn't have it in my heart to change it.

tdawg-1551 t1_iwvqwz9 wrote

We had one get out a few years ago. Was gone for a month and was never more than a couple hundred yards from the house. I hope you find him, just wanted to say wherever he is, he is close. They don't wander very far.

MonoChaos OP t1_ix55yyp wrote

Good news. While I was taking my dog, Scout, outside, Nubbers just walked up to my stoop like nothing was wrong. I am so incredibly relieved he is okay and back to me but also incredibly pissed that he gave me several nights of anxiety in the first place. Let me tell ya, I am never gonna let him near open windows unsupervised ever again, screened or not.

Thanks to everyone for your concern and help. I'll let you know if he gets back out again but for right now I am gonna see about getting a few cuddle sessions in with my little baby boy. :)

bre_huh t1_iww1cc6 wrote

I’m in your area. I’ll keep an eye out for Nubbers 🤍

Diemon-Dave t1_iwvqhd3 wrote

Good luck!

Cats are like people: some are a whole lot better than others. He looks like one of the good ones.

Let us know…

Embarrassed_Feed_145 t1_iww4ul3 wrote

awww im so sorry, i hope you find nubbers 😭 if im in the area i will def look out

turbulance4 t1_iww6dx2 wrote

Sounds silly, but thoroughly check the back yard. Often they don't go far. But with no experience they may be scared and hide in bushes.

SubstantialGrass1158 t1_iwwp8e3 wrote

Check with your neighbors, my sons cat ends up next door every time he escapes 🤦🏻‍♀️ the first time he was in their crawl space and the second time he was on top of their shed.

Hope you find him soon!

AutoModerator t1_iwv6mso wrote

This looks like it might be a lost/found animal post because it contains the word cat. Please consider posting lost and found pet to Leigh's Lost and Found. This Facebook group has nearly 60,000 Springfield area members and is administered in partnership with the Animal Control shelter of Springfield, MO.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.