Submitted by KrazolS t3_zcvsee in springfieldMO

Not a gamer here….but buying my son a Nintendo switch for Christmas. With this my budget for games is now limited. So where is the best place to buy used games? He’s into basic games like Mario kart, nothing really intense

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

snorlaxatives_69 t1_iyypzdo wrote

If you ever choose to go to a retailer, I suggest GameStop on Glenstone and Battlefield. I used to work there and Michelle the boss is a great lady and won’t bullshit you into extra stuff you don’t need

KrazolS OP t1_iyywilo wrote

This is what I sent as thinking.they do sell used games right? Might try entertainmart and isn’t there another place just like this?

snorlaxatives_69 t1_iz0is97 wrote

Yep, used games, consoles, accessories. Entertainmart will have a good selection. Not sure what Vintage Stock looks like anymore but that’s another secondhand game store

MinamotoYoritomo t1_iyzuv60 wrote

Vintage Stock and Entertainmart have been known to overprice their games and even been caught trying to sell reproduction (fake) game carts for the price of the originals. Definitely wouldn't give them your money.

jcortright1 t1_iyyvwy1 wrote

Spend the 50 on the nintendo subscription expansion pack. It comes with nintendo, Super nintendo, nintendo 64, and sega Genesis Games. That's gonna the best bang for your buck.

KrazolS OP t1_iyywrbv wrote

This sounds like a great idea. Original/super nes and sega genesis are what I grew up with and I know I’d get $50 worth at least for one month.

jcortright1 t1_iyywzk6 wrote

The $50 is what it costs for a yearly subscription, not monthly.

KrazolS OP t1_iyyx42j wrote

That’s more like it. Thanks!

plum_lane t1_iz3l5nj wrote

The new Switch Sports game is very similar to the classic Wii Sports (tennis, bowling, etc). The kids at Thanksgiving played it almost the entire weekend. (And adults played quite a bit, too!)

plum_lane t1_iz3l8b0 wrote

Sorry, misread your question! But if you can find it used, Sports is a good one!

MrHChase t1_iyyy2v5 wrote

Check out Vintage Stock and Entertainmart in town. Both stores are solid choices for getting reasonable deals on games new and used plus they always have promotions going on.

NotBatman81 t1_iz0pmqq wrote

Switch is connected to the internet, you can buy games through the app store just like a phone. This is a lot more convenient than a physical game, plus stores are only going to carry the newest/most expensive.

Once you have a Nintendo account set up, go to the online store and there is a clearance section. You can get a ton of decent name brand games for under $10. I've got some for as low as $1. My daughter has now has more games than she will ever play for a grand total of about $50.

There is also a subscription you can get that gives online access to over 100 games from old school NES, SNES, etc.

WarKing9817 t1_iyz3yam wrote

I recommend Splatoon 2 with online multiplayer, I loved playing it and have great memories of it

ep1c_t4ble t1_iyz7aem wrote

I have a switch lite I don’t mind selling you for a cheap price there’s nothing wrong with it we just don’t use it

Maleficent_Price5346 t1_iz1u4e2 wrote

Buy online, if budget is the primary issue then Walmart or Amazon are going to be your cheapest options. I would also suggest gamefly, they are kinda whatever as a service, but they give the option to keep rented games for price that is better than buying it new from a retailer. Plus you can try out a game before dropping 60 bucks in it. You just to put up with long transit times

Always_0421 t1_iyyolln wrote

Might check out mercari, of you're interested, PM me and I can get us both a $5 off coupon on your first order

(Mercari is like Facebook market, but the site holds buyers and sellers accountable, and there is no in person meeting, all online)

−6