Submitted by DirtyOldSamurai t3_zmtdcn in springfieldMO

Has anybody been to busiek in the last week or so? I haven’t been I a good while and have a hike planned this weekend and I’m wondering what things may have changed since I’ve been there last. I think I was out there summer 2020 😬

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PM_YOUR_PUPPERS t1_j0e1ifb wrote

I probably went about a month ago. Some of the more well traveled trails might be really muddy at the moment (the trails east of 65) So I would recommend wearing nice boots or shoes you're not afraid to get dirty. I like to hike the West side as it's less traversed and the trails are more intact, But there are water crossings on several parts of the trails on the West side. We've had a lot of rain so I expect the Creek to be going pretty good.

Wyldfire2112 t1_j0fsfsk wrote

>nice boots

I think you mean "good boots," not "nice boots."

Nice boots are the fancy boots you wear when you want to look attractive. Good boots are the ones that'll keep you dry and warm during a slog through ankle-deep water.

jmg260t t1_j0degt1 wrote

It’s been several months, but I haven’t heard anything. I hope you have an amazing hike.

jgj570s t1_j0gjjdi wrote

Not much changes around them parts.

trailtotrial t1_j0hw48f wrote

I hiked at Busiek last weekend on the gun range side. Trails are in normal condition but the water was up. There are several crossings on that side so if you hike there be sure you’re prepared to cross water. I was able to do so without getting my boots wet, albeit with some maneuvering.