Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Test19s t1_ja9dlf4 wrote

Biggest patch should be to change the name to something like Advanced Copilot. You aren’t Waymo.

Markavian t1_ja9l92q wrote

As a M3 owner with FSDC but no access to the beta; agrees Advanced Autopilot, or Copilot is the best description they could offer. Still probably worth the money given what it can and can't do.

They definitely trapped themselves with an "overpromise but underdeliver" situation; despite rolling billions into R&D, the best they can hope for is "safer than the average driver", which is not good enough for regulators, therefore the general public to trust.

I think with "Advanced Autopilot" they could have dodged much of the negative press, and publicised a "roadmap to FSD" as part of the advertisements; they'd be in the clear with the language, probably still behind schedule, but have much better consumer and regulatory confidence.

Markavian t1_ja9n0wi wrote

Fuck it, I asked an AI for alternative names.

>Renaming Tesla's Full Self Driving Capability (FSDC) requires finding a name that accurately reflects the current capabilities of the technology and helps avoid confusion or misleading expectations among consumers.

Here are some suggestions for renaming FSDC:

Tesla Navigate: This name could reflect the technology's ability to navigate and guide drivers on their journey.

Tesla AutoPilot Pro: This name builds upon Tesla's existing Autopilot technology and emphasizes the enhanced capabilities of the Full Self Driving Capability.

Tesla DriveAssist: This name could reflect the technology's ability to assist drivers while driving, emphasizing that it is not a fully autonomous system.

Tesla SafeDrive: This name emphasizes the safety features of the technology and its ability to enhance the safety of drivers and passengers.

Tesla IntelligentDrive: This name could reflect the technology's ability to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve the driving experience.

Tesla SmartDrive: This name emphasizes the technology's intelligence and its ability to assist drivers in making smart driving decisions.

Tesla ProDrive: This name could reflect the technology's professional-grade capabilities, emphasizing its ability to provide a professional-level driving experience.

Tesla Autodrive: This name emphasizes the technology's ability to drive autonomously, while also being short, memorable, and easy to associate with Tesla.

Tesla IntelliDrive: This name highlights the technology's advanced intelligence and machine learning capabilities, making it stand out from other self-driving systems.

Tesla HyperDrive: This name is attention-grabbing and suggests a high level of performance, which can help create excitement and interest in the technology.

Tesla ProPilot: This name builds on Tesla's existing Autopilot system and emphasizes the technology's professional-grade capabilities.

Tesla RoadMaster: This name suggests a mastery of the road and emphasizes the technology's ability to provide a superior driving experience.

Tesla DrivePro: This name is straightforward and easy to remember, emphasizing the technology's professional-level driving assistance features.

Tesla SureDrive: This name highlights the technology's safety features, suggesting that customers can feel confident and secure when using it.

Tesla DriveMate: This name implies a friendly and trustworthy assistant that helps drivers reach their destination safely.

Tesla AutoGuide: This name suggests an intelligent and reliable system that guides drivers along their journey.

Tesla RoadSense: This name emphasizes the technology's ability to sense and adapt to the road environment, making it a smart choice for safety-conscious customers.

Tesla SmartRide: This name implies a comfortable and intuitive driving experience, highlighting the technology's advanced features.

Tesla CruiseMate: This name suggests a smooth and enjoyable driving experience, with the technology acting as a helpful co-pilot.

Tesla DriveEase: This name emphasizes the technology's ability to make driving easier and less stressful for drivers, reducing the risk of accidents.

Tesla GlideDrive: This name implies a smooth and effortless driving experience, with the technology providing a seamless ride.

DBDude t1_jaamak4 wrote

The only answer is “Automatic Pilot” light that flashes on and off with a beeping sound.

Shredwards t1_jaay6sj wrote

It does most of my full drives by itself on a daily basis. We’re getting closer. Been testing for over a year now

DBDude t1_jaal6n7 wrote

Neither is Waymo. They’ve had lots of accidents even with being restricted to low-speed preplanned routes.

Eccentricc t1_ja8x5uc wrote

Shit company that modifies their language to make it sound better. They don't have workable 'FSD' and need to stop advertising as much

-DementedAvenger- t1_ja9073q wrote

They’re just going in quality tiers like TVs with “HD”…

720p “Self Driving”

1080p “Full Self Driving”

4K “Ultra Self Driving”

8K “Super Duper Ultra Self Driving”

josefx t1_ja9phtt wrote

No matter what shit Stadia claimed upscaling 144p to 4k does not count.

happyscrappy t1_jabrn2h wrote

Simultaneously Musk complains that the term "recall" should be changed because he thinks it is misleading when the fix is a software update.

Shredwards t1_jaaxr08 wrote

FSD drives me daily. Is it perfect? No. Is it great? Yeah. Is there anything like it on the market available to consumer? No. Not yet.

Iceykitsune2 t1_ja9yysl wrote

They literally call it a Beta. What more do you want?

−2

DashDaddyD t1_ja9zjct wrote

For them to call it a zulu.

Iceykitsune2 t1_jaa141y wrote

It's currently going through a beta test, what's so confusing about that?

Oh wait I forgot, Musk Bad!

−3

DashDaddyD t1_jaa3ao4 wrote

I think people are more upset the Full autonomy isn't actually full autonomy. It's more of a Co-pilot mode that still requires alertness. Personally, I didn't pay for it so I don't know how it works. But with the limited version that I do have it can be pretty unsafe at times when reading the road.

Iceykitsune2 t1_jaa3fmw wrote

>It's more of a Co-pilot mode that still requires alertness

Because it's still in beta. Tesla literally tells you this when you sign up.

−5

DashDaddyD t1_jaaamjh wrote

To be fair 7 years is not "beta". This should have been called Alpha or something else. And to promise is to be finished in 2019 was a blatant lie.

Iceykitsune2 t1_jaabvyd wrote

>To be fair 7 years is not "beta".

What? The beta came out October 2020

Eccentricc t1_jab6z2c wrote

I love paying 10k to be a beta tester after paying 40k for the car that advertised FSD WOOOO

sanjsrik t1_ja9wp4s wrote

Is "recall is addressed" muskspeak for "until I can PR my way out of this shit?

Shredwards t1_jaaxfiv wrote

I love FSD on my model 3.

dinoroo t1_jaacyom wrote

How can they resolve this recall. They don’t know how to fix it.

Badfickle t1_jaatxvb wrote

One of the issues of the recall is making the car stop a little longer at at stop sign when nobody else is around. Another is slowing down a little earlier when there is a change in speed limit.

Its not that big a deal. It more about making sure it follows the letter of the law even when human drivers might fudge a bit more.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCLRPT-23V085-3451.PDF

teplightyear t1_jabned2 wrote

This is such a stupid article.

Problem

Don't have to do anything, there'll be a download.

BUT OH NO, NO UPDATES UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

But oh wait, the problem will literally be solved in the next fucking update.

These stupid articles will keep stupidly rolling out until that cheapskate hires a fucking PR team for his fortune 500 company like a person with a functioning brain.

richtl t1_jaady1q wrote

I remember when "beta" meant something you did before you released to "real" customers. Now, "beta" is legal-speak for "don't hold us responsible when it doesn't work or kills someone."

DBDude t1_jaal2i9 wrote

Beta testers are real customers. They’re just willing to follow certain rules and live with bugs in exchange for early access.

jobfedron132 t1_jaasegn wrote

Beta software is released only when the app is non consequential. Meaning: You wont lose your money or life, the max that could happen is you may get annoyed because of the bugs.

Thats the reason why you never see beta Bank app or never see a beta app at your work place.

Edit: And beta is free, not $15,000 lol

db117117 t1_jabu61p wrote

No every single person on the road and all USA taxpayers are being forced to be Guinea pig beta testers, despite not opting into this disaster using untrained drivers to try untested buggy technology in a 2-ton hunk of metal that can kill people

richtl t1_jaamb64 wrote

We're probably somewhat on the same page. You beta tested to a select group. Their job was to report bugs while assuming the risk that the software was likely still somewhat buggy. Once things were pretty solid, you rolled it out.

I must say I have a hard time considering 363,000 paid installations a "beta."

DBDude t1_jaamint wrote

It is kind of big, but they are selective as to who can join.

richtl t1_jaaoqcz wrote

"Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta is now available to all owners in North America"

Yup.

db117117 t1_jabubvk wrote

Yeah. Anyone on a public road in North America is being forced to beta test deadly tech

DBDude t1_jacorn9 wrote

Because it's beta, you are supposed to maintain attention and control as you would driving normally. Thus, there's no extra danger, issues are generally on the driver.

If the driver fell asleep, or didn't see a car, that happens all the time with human drivers. Beta FSD will save most of them from themselves, but it may miss a few.

Save_ukraine__ t1_jab2f2a wrote

Weird. I thought it was coming this year.

−2