Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Nopants_Jedi t1_jdxw57k wrote

We have lawmakers that still think trickle down economics works and will work any minute now, of course they can't prepare for or understand the impending AI Boom. I'm sure we will see some semi-effective legislation in about ten years.

gurenkagurenda t1_jdxyl28 wrote

I know this probably feels like a nitpick, but I wish instead of saying:

> or that it’s sentient (it’s not),

journalists would instead say:

>or that it’s sentient (nobody actually has any idea what that means),

Every single debate along these lines has this infuriating flaw of people throwing vague words back and forth at each other based on some gut intuition that they don't have the faintest idea how to make any falsifiable statements about.

dotjazzz t1_jdxzgyx wrote

Apart from the ones under 40, only some of them are (barely) ready for Twitter and WiFi, both of which gained popularity in 2000s.

You'll be looking at 2040s and all the dinosaurs are dead.

aergern t1_jdz4v6c wrote

A whole lot of under-40 politicians are just as ignorant and that's because they are politicians. It has nothing to do with age so disabuse yourself of that because it makes you look ill-informed.

HotelKarma t1_jdyatcc wrote

The terminology is irrelevant. His point is about job displacement which is relevant

Equivalent_Star_9836 t1_jdywo6e wrote

Law makers aren’t ready for shit. Just a bunch of old, out of touch rich twats sucking corporate dongs.

[deleted] t1_jdyroww wrote

Are lawmakers ever ahead of the curve when it comes to any technological development?

I still remember when the internet was referred to as a "series of tubes" in the same speech where an e-mail was referred to as "an internet".

Noncivilian_ t1_jdzueym wrote

Ai boom…the opposite of lawmakers would be us

imalltingully t1_je00go0 wrote

This is a comment on a post on an article about a tweet. Fuck right off

Confident-Parks-3021 t1_je2h2yb wrote

The most scary part of this he is an senator who is 49 years old. We are so screwed.

KeenK0ng t1_jdz2ntz wrote

They are going to ask if ai connects to wifi.