Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BallardRex t1_itmyzv9 wrote

This incessant need to remove switches and dials is foolish beyond reason, a car is one of the times I want to recognize controls by FEEL without having to take my eyes off the road.

b_a_t_m_4_n t1_itndp9m wrote

Touch controls in cars are dangerous. End of story.

big_throwaway_piano t1_itn287w wrote

I enjoy the physical buttons and the scroll-wheel in the Škoda cars so much.

c0mad0r t1_itnfl7d wrote

That steering wheel is literally the only reason why I went for a KIA EV6 instead of the ID.4 I had reserved for over a year on. It's absolutely atrocious and I dropped my place in the reservation list after sitting in an ID.4.

BoricPenguin t1_itnn7jo wrote

I hate how companies want to make things like this all because it's idk futuristic or something without any care if it's good I personally wish there was more push back against stuff like this given the only time it has worked is smartphones(mostly) and that's about it.

It's only getting push back on cars because well it's fucking dangerous!

gkirltwo t1_itnlpt8 wrote

Glad to hear some acknowledgement of this. I would love to get an ID Buzz but the infotainment situation and capacitive controls is currently at dealbreaker levels of badness.

FlyingCockAndBalls t1_itom081 wrote

removing buttons in cars is moronic. I hate that I can't use the steering controls for my radio cause I have an aftermarket one (used car, tip of 3.5mm jack stuck in the aux and I couldn't get it out). trying to mess around with my radio while driving sucks

barfridge0 t1_itp2qti wrote

We're looking at you Tesla, learn from this. Essential controls should not be on a giant featureless touch screen.

mmarollo t1_itpv2wg wrote

Main reason I won't get a Tesla. iPad is not an appropriate interface in an automobile.

michaelrohansmith t1_itp5794 wrote

They are saving 20 bucks on switches this way. And switches are one of the more durable things in the car. Unlikely to fail during warranty.

icchifanni t1_itpgew0 wrote

Oh FFS, touch buttons in cars is a crap idea. I’ve always thought if the designers & bean counters who go for this stuff had to live with it, it wouldn’t happen. Also they should be forced to explain it to their own mothers in front of management. I doubt they’d ever get that far in the first place.

mmarollo t1_itpuyrf wrote

There's a reason they still use chunky manual knobs and sliders for crucial controls in jet fighters and formula one cars.

[deleted] t1_itoqt5r wrote

Yea, let's stick with the dials. Having unnecessary buttons on the steering wheel, is not worth the trouble it can bring.

Has anyone here experienced any of these malfunctions?