Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

zubazub t1_ire89ys wrote

I can probably look into your eyes and predict it too.

Watershed787 t1_ireaifr wrote

My big brown eye.

madhi19 t1_irei3p8 wrote

Girl I want to make you sweat

Sweat 'til you can't sweat no more

And if you cry out I'm gonna push it some more.

Option_Null t1_irecr6o wrote

Let's be careful about who we give our biometric data

A1sauc3d t1_irglmfe wrote

While we’re at it lets heavily legislate what can be done with said biometric data.

WhatTheZuck420 t1_iriq9fk wrote

some states have

A1sauc3d t1_irjymf6 wrote

Which is a good start! Definitely something that should be regulated at the federal level tho. With HEFTY fines that don’t allow it to be just a cost of doing business when you get caught occasionally.

KwanHa t1_iregh43 wrote

Scan me, baby

birkir t1_irfog1v wrote

'You're all clear, at least for the next 60 seconds or less'

Vainius2 t1_irhudxk wrote

Is the company called Theranos?

RejZoR t1_irf78e7 wrote

I can look in a bag of chips and predict I’ll have heart issues…

WhatTheZuck420 t1_iriqt3o wrote

after you eat a bag of cheetos if your fingers are orange you have high cholesterol

Buttons840 t1_irffar6 wrote

This reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridology

I have a family member who believes in iridology and I've argued against it, asking why a problem in our kidney would change a specific part of our eyeball. That would be an extraordinary thing and I need to see some evidence.

I know the retina is different than the iris, but it seems equally extraordinary that a heart problem would show up in the eyeball. I guess we'll wait and see. Hopefully we get some good scientific answers and reproducible results along the way.

def_1 t1_irfjh8j wrote

I'm not sure about this discussion AI but I'm an eye doctor and the eyes definitely can tell a lot about someone's health. We can see signs of diabetes, hypertension, systemic inflammation, etc. I'm assuming the AI is looking at retina arteries and signs of diabetic and hypertensive changes to qualify the rush of heart attack.

If you are curious what diabetes in the eye looks like just Google diabetic retinopathy.

Iridology is bs though

hobbers t1_irhbgtc wrote

I doubt it's a "heart problem showing up in your eyeball". Rather, it's likely that the eyeball is just a convenient place to non-invasively look at the structure of small blood vessels. And various cardiovascular conditions show up in small blood vessels all over your body. It likely has nothing to do with your eyeballs specifically. I.e. if a portion of your upper arm were translucent, this same methodology could likely be applied there as well. It's just that a translucent upper arm is not part of most human's biology.

There are already well established methods of examining the back of your eyeball for other evidence of other conditions.

rysworld t1_irm45zr wrote

A translucent upper arm isn't part of MOST humans' biology? Who are you hedging for, Susan Storm?

RumpelStilty t1_irfgi0p wrote

I have some bad news about my retina.

Techn0ght t1_irgj8c5 wrote

So when do they make it available to anyone with a cam?

killthekats t1_irgzqu8 wrote

That AI looks in my eye....bound to fall in love

LowEffortOutlaw t1_irjt86i wrote

I can look at the history of men in my father's family and know my risk of heart disease, I'll suddenly die of a blood clot or heart attack in my mid-late 70's.

Best way to go as far as I'm concerned, better than suffering through cancer or dementia, and thank god there's zero history of ALS in either side of my family.

RiderLibertas t1_irf4q5g wrote

I would trust this "tool" more if it wasn't AI and a qualified human took his time.

−1