Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DrQuantum t1_j1g7exl wrote

Many people here constantly says they want a meritocracy and that bias in hiring doesn’t exist. Now you’re saying immigrants are stealing your jobs and they aren’t qualified either. Its just because its exploitation.

The point I am making is that if you want to address the issue, punish the companies not the H1-B visas.

This has nothing to do with immigration if you truly believe its about exploitation. The companies are doing the exploiting and people are happy to accept lower pay because there is no good way to get in here.

Sniffy4 t1_j1gdijd wrote

>Now you’re saying immigrants are stealing your jobs and they aren’t qualified either.

Baloney, please point out exactly where I said that above. In fact I am saying that companies abuse h1-b limitations to raise performance requirements to unethical levels and term that 'meritocracy'

>This has nothing to do with immigration

The threat of being uprooted with your family and forced to leave the country is a very real thing which is the whole point of the article, duh. It has *everything* to do with immigration.