Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

xereo t1_j9sltpc wrote

TV Time exists already and has a lot more features

SoftPois0n t1_j9sp6yq wrote

Exactly, TV Time, SIMKL are some popular website that does provide amazing tracking feature with active community.

it_vexes_me_so t1_j9sn4uk wrote

Looks nice and sleek. You did a great job.

I also think you really need to hammer home how Serialzd sets itself apart from Trakt which already ticks just about every bullet point you mentioned.

Best of luck!

cinnamonbuncake OP t1_j9snesf wrote

Thank you so much! I'm assuming you've used Trakt before. I love their platform. What would make you want to switch from Trakt to Serializd, personally?

it_vexes_me_so t1_j9sprvl wrote

I'm probably the wrong target audience simply because I'm not much of an early adopter and beyond Reddit, I'm not on social media.

That said, I've thought the comments section of Reddit could make a great alternative to Disqus on websites.

Reddit has a built-in audience of millions and there are already tons of "official discussion" threads on both r/television and r/movies you could tap into. It's just an idea and probably not even feasible for a dozen reasons.

cinnamonbuncake OP t1_j9sqwnu wrote

Thats a good idea! Maybe there's some kind of integration I can look into. Thank you for the suggestion!

SoftPois0n t1_j9sozk5 wrote

Their is already a popular website / Mobile App/ Discord / Browser extension by SIMKL.

Why is their a need for a new one?

Also, It only provides TV, what about Movies, Anime, Manga, Games?

I say better stay with SIMKL, as it provides various amazing TV features as well like

• Custom List
  • Shareable Profile link
  • Calendar
  • Shows Airing Today
  • and many more

cinnamonbuncake OP t1_j9sqsvk wrote

I understand there's already different apps that do similar things. I built Serializd because I needed something with all these features, but also a good community. Also, I can't speak to other apps' features and UI, but I'm quite proud of the set of features and the visuals of Serializd :) I'd recommend giving it a try and judging for yourself

SoftPois0n t1_j9srvb4 wrote

Yeah, the website does look clean and good dedicated only for TV community maybe. I hope you have a good luck on the product development.

You should also create like filters for discovering more shows based on few genres, locations, etc

dyurk t1_j9t90bg wrote

I like it, but the layout feels really similar to Letterboxd. Are you sure you won’t get sued?

Thrust369 t1_j9te0vl wrote

I recommended TV Time

examinedalive t1_j9slct3 wrote

I was actually thinking about this recently.

It's so annoying not remembering which episodes you've watched. There are some sites where you can track already, but I'm not sure if they have apps.

Thanks, will check this out.

SoftPois0n t1_j9spvgk wrote

>There are some sites where you can track already, but I'm not sure if they have apps.

Not sure about what? I am pretty sure, all famous tracking website have Mobile App.

What website were your using in the past.

examinedalive t1_j9sqclk wrote

But.. they dont?

Check the top few hits for "track TV shows".

The top hit (trakt) doesn't have one for Android (I have a Samsung).

The one I was using, trackseries.tv doesn't have one either.

−1

SoftPois0n t1_j9squgp wrote

>track TV shows

Who uses trackseries, the website looks soo outdated. I personally recommend: SIMKL Tracking For ( TV / Movies / Anime )

And Yes, It also provides you all the apps that you need: https://simkl.com/apps/

• Android / IOS / Windows
  • Browser Extension
  • Discord Bot
  • Media Tracking Services
  • And many more...

examinedalive t1_j9sqyq5 wrote

lmao why did you downvote me for stating what I use 💀

−3

SoftPois0n t1_j9srgvo wrote

🤣 are you seriously kidding me? Looks like you are having a misunderstanding

Do you know how reddit even works, Voting is an anonymous function on reddit.

Blokie13 t1_j9te78t wrote

I'd recommend offering viewing options - I always prefer lists as opposed to icons/posters etc.

cinnamonbuncake OP t1_j9tws5i wrote

Could you elaborate a little more on what you mean?

Blokie13 t1_j9uf0t1 wrote

When viewing my shows, it displays them as posters/pictures, so you have to know exactly what the poster looks like for the show you're trying to click on, and there doesn't seem to be an option to change that view to e.g. list the shows in text format using their names instead.